Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He certainly has a far worse record than Zlatan of moving from club to club on a whim.
You can be flippant, but you and I don't know what has happened behind the scenes at Barca. You dont know Messi any better than I do, not many have access to him.
His dad flying in to Barca is strange. Why?
Exchanging part of the club for a players signature Is a worry for me.

How do you feel about this? Does it sit well with you?
It makes me uncomfortable that to get Messi we would have to do something never done before (outside of MLS), and sell part of the club to a player. A 33 year old player at that
I certainly hope, if you are right, that the City began counters know their stuff.
It would also take some of the shine off having Messi at the club. He comes, but for a slice of the club.
We are gonna get ripped to pieces, again, by fans and media if this is how we agree the deal
Maybe Messi has already asked for something along these lines of Barca and was told no, in that case he would appear to be the king of mercenaries.

Sits absolutely fine with me. Giving Messi 2% to 4% of the CFG whilst he’s under contract has no financial bearing on the club whatsoever (other than helping ensure Messi wants it to succeed). Companies do it all the time. It seems a great way to get him and not destroy our wage structure. The only people it effects are Mansour, the Chinese media company and Silver Lake.

You can be flippant, but you and I don't know what has happened behind the scenes at Barca. You dont know Messi any better than I do, not many have access to him.
His dad flying in to Barca is strange. Why?
Exchanging part of the club for a players signature Is a worry for me.
Why

Why is it not for you?

I have just seen your previous post.
In a nutshell, I am worried about the dynamic of the team if Messi comes in on a % of the group.
These kind of deals are what, possibly, can destroy a teams morale.
If things go great and the money rolls in and the goals fly in, then great plan.
But if Messi loses his spark or fails to adapt, or gets a fucked up knee within 3 games of the season starting, where does that leave us?
With players literally playing to pay Messi his dividend?
I am worrying about this deal for a lot of valid reasons.
Club and fans being super optimistic in order to make this plan attractive is not good business sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.