Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a few people saying Messi can buy out his contract. Where is this coming from? It's clear that this isn't a possibility or it would have been a done deal by now. Happy to be proved wrong
It of course IS a possibility. It’s coming from being a law. Look up Webster ruling.

Messi doesn’t want to go down that route as it means Court and being sued. No major transfer has gone through this way as it’s a rabbit hole that leaves all clubs open. That’s why it’s all a game of brinksmanship and why City are “officially” keeping their distance until the dispute is resolved.

So he can buy himself out, it's a law but he can get sued and it will take years. Sounds like a feasible option...

Finally our dalliance with paying hundreds of millions to a 33 yr old genius is now looking unlikely can we now attempt to do what we failed to do last season please ffs buy a centre half infact lets buy one before the start of the season. because every game we play i cannot keep watching through my fingers Just throwing this in but after the attack on PEP BY ULI HOENESS [spelt wrong] when are we going to give BM a bloody nose lets tap one of there players up!

Let the war of attrition commence
A few days in ots wearing but that's because we were primed for atom bombs.

I think we need a mental re-fix. Messi is playing the long game. Every day is a day closer to the transfer window and the vice gets ever tighter. Come October, if Messi has committed so much, he wont back down and in January he can negotiate a free transfer. Is bartomeu prepared to lose everything?

There are no stakes for City. We can chill. For Barcelona they're witnessing the end of an era and the destruction of a legacy.

Quick question : What is stopping Messi from using the Webster ruling to buy out the remaining year of his contract?

If a player is over the age of 28 he can buy out his contract after 2 years, so - technically - we could front him the money and he could walk (if he was truly serious about leaving).

Or am I not understanding the rule / his contract / its jurisdiction correctly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.