Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will cost his club £50m in wages for a player who will go on a free in nine month's time. I doubt his reputation will get much of a boost from that. No wonder the club is a shitshow.

He won't be the president who "let Messi go". That's his only real goal apparently.

So the saga comes to an end. Hate to say I was right, but I was right. Messi was poorly guided by his attorneys, Man City, Pep, Soriano, His father and anybody else who thought old Bartomeu was going to fold.

There comes a time when a man has nothing to loose, where he stops giving a fuck and that's what happened to Messi with the Barcelona president. He put the club and the president through hell for every extension he signed. Made demands of money, players, coaches, and even altered starting squads to his liking.

As for city... when you act behind a smoke curtain with ill intent it also tends to blow up in your face. Where was city ?, when did city actually come out and make an official statement to barcelona regarding their interest ?. Did city think they were going to buy the greatest footballer on the planet for pennies on the dollar?. You think you are going to buy Messi for 70 million and Eric. Was Soriano, Pep and company mental ?.

City sat back and let Messi obliterate his reputation and legacy without saying a word to support his stance. How did anybody here think that he was a free man when his father is having to travel across the globe to speak to a president who clearly said he had a year left?.

I personally didn't think he would stay but I didn't realize City had ZERO chance of signing him, as it is now reported that they couldn't afford him AT ALL within the FIFA fair play rules.

Looks like Bartomeu dropped his nuts on the table and that was the end of everything. This has been an utter embarrassment for our club and our greatest player ever.

You would think City will now sign Messi in January for next season but he will be 34 by the, Barcelona will have a new president in March and we dont know if either one will be interested anymore.

So the saga comes to an end. Hate to say I was right, but I was right. Messi was poorly guided by his attorneys, Man City, Pep, Soriano, His father and anybody else who thought old Bartomeu was going to fold.

There comes a time when a man has nothing to loose, where he stops giving a fuck and that's what happened to Messi with the Barcelona president. He put the club and the president through hell for every extension he signed. Made demands of money, players, coaches, and even altered starting squads to his liking.

As for city... when you act behind a smoke curtain with ill intent it also tends to blow up in your face. Where was city ?, when did city actually come out and make an official statement to barcelona regarding their interest ?. Did city think they were going to buy the greatest footballer on the planet for pennies on the dollar?. You think you are going to buy Messi for 70 million and Eric. Was Soriano, Pep and company mental ?.

City sat back and let Messi obliterate his reputation and legacy without saying a word to support his stance. How did anybody here think that he was a free man when his father is having to travel across the globe to speak to a president who clearly said he had a year left?.

I personally didn't think he would stay but I didn't realize City had ZERO chance of signing him, as it is now reported that they couldn't afford him AT ALL within the FIFA fair play rules.

Looks like Bartomeu dropped his nuts on the table and that was the end of everything. This has been an utter embarrassment for our club and our greatest player ever.

You would think City will now sign Messi in January for next season but he will be 34 by the, Barcelona will have a new president in March and we dont know if either one will be interested anymore.
Give it a fucking rest holy shit.

The lawyers that drafted the contract told Messi he could leave. You don't get more "horse's mouth" than that. But anyway, this is a circus now. City won't pay a fee and nobody seems willing to call Barca's bluff. Pity. But that looks like an impasse.
But they won’t have inserted a ‘Global pandemic clause’ into the contract, this is the issue. So it all come down to interpretation of what is in the contract and how it applies in a coronavirus world.

Messi camp will have their interpretation that benefits them. Barca/La Liga will have their interpretation that suits their interests.

Just because they wrote the contract it doesn’t mean their interpretation of how a pandemic fits in with the contract is correct. Because there is no section of the contract that lays out what happens in such circumstances.

So they have to look closely at the wording and make their arguments.

I think the statement will be that his desire is to leave but it's hard in the current circumstances and then city will put in a bid and test the waters.
yep i think that is still on the cards. that way all three parties get what they want. barca board get a small fee, save some face and his wages. messi leaves without any legal battles with the club he loves. City get their player. but who knows. lol

fuck off

I think this has the possibility of coming back to haunt you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.