Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pml79 said:
BAB.DAB said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
That's why I've been saying it's 100% that we will try to sign him (everything is in place for that I believe including potential commercial deals). He signs for us or stays put. Either or and 50/50 it will actually happen up to recently.

But as I said earlier in the thread, there are a number of indications that the chances may be starting to move in our favour. Barcelona is not such a stable ship these days and he's looking increasingly disinterested.
do you not think we are better off spend all that money on 4 or 5 world class players. if i hand a pound for every time someone posted that i could buy Messi.
not with the wages that would come with it
it's not about money, politics and legacy so will sign him up to UKIP and he can use my Subaru

Do we really think he'd cost £250m? I'm not buying it. If he's unhappy and wants to leave, I think it could be closer to £150m, which would be easy if we paid over 5 or 6 years.

You don't pass up the chance to buy Messi. Our brand would instantly be propelled up to the elite level in world football and we'd suddenly have hundreds of thousands of new fans in Asia, Africa and Godsknowswhereelse.

This is a summary of what's going on with barca board by a fan blog.
I still hope Barca board comes to their senses and pay his new contract asap.
But here's to fueling your dream, lol.

ohmylordmessi:

I asked by different people to write about Barça’s current situation. However I decided to make this post more like “millions of reasons why you should hate this board”. And to be honest, I don’t even know where to start. There are too many things going on with Barça right now. So I will make a list. I warn you, this is depressing and sad.

Rosell’s Era

-When Sandro Rosell elected, he canged membership rules. Before his presidency, you could normally apply for membership and get your card. After Rosell changed the rules, only former members and ‘special’ people (relatives etc) can apply for ordinary membership. Now if you don’t fit this criterias, you have to pay same money for 3 years but you won’t have a member’s right. After 3 years, board will decide if you can be a soci or not. So technically club hustle money from their own fans.
-They disrespected Cruyff aka one of the most important people in Barça’s history. They stripped him of his honorary presidency.
-Catalan media is under Rosell’s board’s control. It was Bartomeu who started smearing campaign against Messi. Then by saying he will renew his contract, he became the hero. Rosell wanted to sell Messi. Barti wants to same thing too but he loves the chair and he is not crazy like Rosell.. not yet. First made him look like a money grabber to clean their names when ‘Leo leaves’, then smearing campaigns. Most of our players are Cruyffistas. Board not happy with that. Valdes wants to leave because of them, Xavi and Messi had several problems with board. Even Andrés Iniesta had hard times. In past, they forced Pep out (because he was a Cruyffista and Laporta hired Pep), Rosell used MD against Laporta, his ex bff, and by starting smearing campaigns, he forced Laporta out too.
-Why rushed Neymar transfer? In 2010 Messi talked to Neymar and asked him to join Barça. Everybody knew Neymar was a fan of Messi. Board asked him to help. He did. Then board talked to Santos board. But still, our board rushed Neymar transfer despite penalty clause. So it makes us believe that they already knew about FIFA ban.
-They said they were gonna renew Abidal’s contract. They lied. They refused to renew his contract, made him cry in front of the media,
-They sold our shirt to Qatar and called it a charity thing like UNICEF because the name is Qatar Foundation(!). They this year, they sold it AGAIN, to Intel.
-Rosell planned to sell Thiago Alcantara. This is why he asked Tito not to play him. If he played one more game, his buyout clause would be too high for a young player and Bayern (or United) wouldn’t want to buy him. It was all planned.
-They keep Eusebio in charge, the crazy man, who probably is the worst thing ever happened to Barça B. This guy benched our most talented players because they trained with the first team and Eusebio got angry. We lost 3 games because of this.
-They lied about Neymar’s contract. More than once.
-They fired Ricart even tho he was good at his job, loved and respected by footballers. Instead, Brau (who hired by Pep when he first joined Barça. He was Leo’s personal fitness coach until they fired Ricart. After that, they didn’t even let him travel with Leo) became first team fitness coach and did a terrible job this season.
-Iniesta did not ask for money. But still they made him look like a money grabber too. Iniesta was ready to renew his contract. But they started a drama.
They sold some of our players even tho coach was against the idea. They disrespected the coach. Careless about the football side of this club.

Current Situation

-Barti continues what Rosell started. He is just Rosell’s puppet. Refused to renew a soci’s membership, published another one’s home address just because he was writing about Rosell. There is a huge problem between board and Cruyffistas.
-They won the referendum. Bartomeu trusts him more than ever.He won’t resign unless something big happens or vote of no confidence vote.
-Messi is unhappy at the moment. He knows he doesn’t have board’s support. Just opposite. He became the scapegoat and board won’t think twice before sacrificing him.
-I am not worried about FIFA ban. It will be lifted or postponed. So it won’t effect our summer transfers either way.
Tata will leave. He decided it months ago. So it’s not because poor results in last month. AFA offered him to become Argentina NT coach in next year. But right now, no one knows if he will continue club football or join AFA. The problem is players need a Cruyffista and they won’t want to join us as long as this board stay.
-Because they won the referendum, now they have right to sell a part of Camp Nou’s name rights. They also lied about seats.
-They refused to take responsibility after FIFA ban and blamed every other thing. They literally did a Mourinho. Childish and not acceptable. When media asked about FIFA ban, Barti made fool out of himself, couldn’t answer and again, prefered to talk about new Camp Nou project.
-Bartomeu will meet with Blatter to discuss FIFA ban.
List will be updated.

<a class="postlink" href="http://ohmylordmessi.tumblr.com/post/83528052166/whats-going-on-with-barca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ohmylordmessi.tumblr.com/post/83 ... with-barca</a>

BAB.DAB said:
pml79 said:
BAB.DAB said:
do you not think we are better off spend all that money on 4 or 5 world class players. if i hand a pound for every time someone posted that i could buy Messi.
not with the wages that would come with it
it's not about money, politics and legacy so will sign him up to UKIP and he can use my Subaru
Or a saab

LoveCity said:
Do we really think he'd cost £250m? I'm not buying it. If he's unhappy and wants to leave, I think it could be closer to £150m, which would be easy if we paid over 5 or 6 years.

You don't pass up the chance to buy Messi. Our brand would instantly be propelled up to the elite level in world football and we'd suddenly have hundreds of thousands of new fans in Asia, Africa and Godsknowswhereelse.

His buyout clause is 250m euros but I reckon 150m pounds buys him if he wants to leave and if Barca are willing to sell though.

thesilvalining said:
Stoned Rose said:
thesilvalining said:
They could get to the final and we could go out in the group stage, your point isn't making sense as the fact is next season they'll need a better squad to play in the champions league and they're luck with injuries is sure to run out. Also let's stop speaking about Liverpool on the messi thread they are irrelevant to the situation.
You've made your point that you want to buy 6 ford focus' which will not make any money back whilst a few of us have said buy the Lamborghini and make money back on it by letting it feature in adverts, your opinion against mine really.

They could 'get to the final' with their 'average squad'? Ok mate.

I said 4-6 top end players. In the 30-50m bracket. Hardly 'ford focus' level.

You're actually starting to contradict your previous contradictions now.

I'm more than happy to leave this now because watching you tie yourself in knots is getting tedious.
Yes you can get to the final stages with a not so great squad, Dortmund last year had a great team no doubt about it but not a great squad.
Also havnt enough people told you yet- we can spend 200m on messi, he is very marketable so can make the money back. We can't spend 200m on 6 players as they are not as marketable so we couldn't do that with ffp, especially counting that all 6 of them would want over 100k a week(hence the Lamborghini vs 6 ford focus' comment).
What previous point have I contradicted and I've not tied myself in knots at all, your just an idiot that can't seem to realise that signing messi makes money back and also decided to get right up liverpools arses( kolo toure better than demichelis,aspas over dzeko.) just crawl out of their arse and realise that they have a great team and manager but not a great squad and would have been fucked with cl football and the injuries which we have had.

This just gets better and better.

So you're simultaneously saying Liverpool will need a better squad (a great squad in your words) to handle the CL, but then point out that Dortmund didn't have a great squad but got to the final?

Contradictory.

I get the FFPR concept. He will make money which is great. However, imo from a squad (your very favourite concept no doubt) perspective it would clearly be better to have 4-6 top end players at our disposal than one player. Surely, from a footballing perspective you can see that? Would you rather we got him, made loads of money but won nothing (possible), or got 4-6 top end players and vastly improved our playing squad so we don't run out of steam again? I know which I'd prefer and for someone so obviously 'squad obsessed', I'm pretty sure you can to.

You further allude to 'marketability'. None of the players we bought last summer were particularly 'marketable' yet we still spent over 90m on them. I wonder why we did that? I'd hazard a guess it was to improve our squad and give us more options. That 'squad' thing again.

Contradictory again.

You finish by adding a new aspect to your original argument. Liverpool wouldn't have been top with CL football and the injuries we've had.

Didn't say that originally did you?

Yet more contradiction.

Perhaps the wind of change may just be blowing in our direction.

The best legacy Leo could leave Barcelona is a major contribution to the much talked about stadium rebuild.this alone must have the Barca board discussing it.What withTxiki and Soriano running the show and a rumoured return into the fold of Pep then it could be now or never for Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.