Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prestwich_Blue said:
Stoned Rose said:
I get the FFPR concept. He will make money which is great. However, imo from a squad (your very favourite concept no doubt) perspective it would clearly be better to have 4-6 top end players at our disposal than one player.
I'm sorry for my outburst the other day but this is getting tedious. You tell me you respect my opinion yet you pay no notice when I try to explain it. Buying Messi should be neutral from an FFP point of view, maybe even positive.

I also believe that, due to savings from players leaving at the end of their contracts and some getting extended contracts, we can spend around £100m on 4 players without a negative impact on the P&L account. As I expect a net improvement of around £40m in our bottom line this year then we can spend all that money on Messi + 4 and meet FFP quite easily.

This of course assumes there's no restriction on the cash we can put down. I suspect you think that there is and, if that was the case your question would be reasonable. But the cash outlay in this case is not the issue, it's how you account for players and the marketability of Messi that stop this being an either/or scenario. If you don't understand any aspect of this then I'm happy to try to explain until you do. I'd rather do that than see you repeat the same mantra endlessly based on a premise you don't understand.

You have, by your own words, an 'outburst', then don't even have the decency to reply to my PM and then think you can come wading in on a conversation I was having with another poster?

As I mentioned to you by PM, I wont make the mistake of getting involved with you again.<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:24 pm --<br /><br />
thesilvalining said:
Stoned Rose said:
thesilvalining said:
Yes you can get to the final stages with a not so great squad, Dortmund last year had a great team no doubt about it but not a great squad.
Also havnt enough people told you yet- we can spend 200m on messi, he is very marketable so can make the money back. We can't spend 200m on 6 players as they are not as marketable so we couldn't do that with ffp, especially counting that all 6 of them would want over 100k a week(hence the Lamborghini vs 6 ford focus' comment).
What previous point have I contradicted and I've not tied myself in knots at all, your just an idiot that can't seem to realise that signing messi makes money back and also decided to get right up liverpools arses( kolo toure better than demichelis,aspas over dzeko.) just crawl out of their arse and realise that they have a great team and manager but not a great squad and would have been fucked with cl football and the injuries which we have had.

This just gets better and better.

So you're simultaneously saying Liverpool will need a better squad (a great squad in your words) to handle the CL, but then point out that Dortmund didn't have a great squad but got to the final?

Contradictory.

I get the FFPR concept. He will make money which is great. However, imo from a squad (your very favourite concept no doubt) perspective it would clearly be better to have 4-6 top end players at our disposal than one player. Surely, from a footballing perspective you can see that? Would you rather we got him, made loads of money but won nothing (possible), or got 4-6 top end players and vastly improved our playing squad so we don't run out of steam again? I know which I'd prefer and for someone so obviously 'squad obsessed', I'm pretty sure you can to.

You further allude to 'marketability'. None of the players we bought last summer were particularly 'marketable' yet we still spent over 90m on them. I wonder why we did that? I'd hazard a guess it was to improve our squad and give us more options. That 'squad' thing again.

Contradictory again.

You finish by adding a new aspect to your original argument. Liverpool wouldn't have been top with CL football and the injuries we've had.

Didn't say that originally did you?

Yet more contradiction.
They got to the champions league final but finished 25 points behind top of the league, which proves my comment that they didn't have the squad to cope with everything.

Last season we got a new manager, and hadn't signed a player to really improve our team for 2 years, so we had to get players for our managers system and were also lacking in squad due to our unsuccessful summer before. Now our squad isn't as weak, Mangala,Fernando and Sagna who have all been heavily linked will have our squad nearly where it needs to be. They'll cost about 40m between them. We don't need wholesale changes again it unsettles the squad doing it every year so we can't buy 6 50m players like you say.

Do you know the meaning of contradiction mate? I understand you may say the Dortmund comment was contradictory until I explained what effect it had on their domestic season, but I never mentioned last seasons transfers unto you said that so how was I contradicting myself about that? And adding a point which is also going with my general point that Liverpool aren't a great squad is far from contradictory, if anything it's backing up my point.

Ok mate, you're right, I'm wrong.

About everything.

Let's move on.

Stoned Rose said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Stoned Rose said:
I get the FFPR concept. He will make money which is great. However, imo from a squad (your very favourite concept no doubt) perspective it would clearly be better to have 4-6 top end players at our disposal than one player.
I'm sorry for my outburst the other day but this is getting tedious. You tell me you respect my opinion yet you pay no notice when I try to explain it. Buying Messi should be neutral from an FFP point of view, maybe even positive.

I also believe that, due to savings from players leaving at the end of their contracts and some getting extended contracts, we can spend around £100m on 4 players without a negative impact on the P&L account. As I expect a net improvement of around £40m in our bottom line this year then we can spend all that money on Messi + 4 and meet FFP quite easily.

This of course assumes there's no restriction on the cash we can put down. I suspect you think that there is and, if that was the case your question would be reasonable. But the cash outlay in this case is not the issue, it's how you account for players and the marketability of Messi that stop this being an either/or scenario. If you don't understand any aspect of this then I'm happy to try to explain until you do. I'd rather do that than see you repeat the same mantra endlessly based on a premise you don't understand.

You have, by your own words, an 'outburst', then don't even have the decency to reply to my PM and then think you can come wading in on a conversation I was having with another poster?

As I mentioned to you by PM, I wont make the mistake of getting involved with you again.

-- Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:24 pm --

thesilvalining said:
Stoned Rose said:
This just gets better and better.

So you're simultaneously saying Liverpool will need a better squad (a great squad in your words) to handle the CL, but then point out that Dortmund didn't have a great squad but got to the final?

Contradictory.

I get the FFPR concept. He will make money which is great. However, imo from a squad (your very favourite concept no doubt) perspective it would clearly be better to have 4-6 top end players at our disposal than one player. Surely, from a footballing perspective you can see that? Would you rather we got him, made loads of money but won nothing (possible), or got 4-6 top end players and vastly improved our playing squad so we don't run out of steam again? I know which I'd prefer and for someone so obviously 'squad obsessed', I'm pretty sure you can to.

You further allude to 'marketability'. None of the players we bought last summer were particularly 'marketable' yet we still spent over 90m on them. I wonder why we did that? I'd hazard a guess it was to improve our squad and give us more options. That 'squad' thing again.

Contradictory again.

You finish by adding a new aspect to your original argument. Liverpool wouldn't have been top with CL football and the injuries we've had.

Didn't say that originally did you?

Yet more contradiction.
They got to the champions league final but finished 25 points behind top of the league, which proves my comment that they didn't have the squad to cope with everything.

Last season we got a new manager, and hadn't signed a player to really improve our team for 2 years, so we had to get players for our managers system and were also lacking in squad due to our unsuccessful summer before. Now our squad isn't as weak, Mangala,Fernando and Sagna who have all been heavily linked will have our squad nearly where it needs to be. They'll cost about 40m between them. We don't need wholesale changes again it unsettles the squad doing it every year so we can't buy 6 50m players like you say.

Do you know the meaning of contradiction mate? I understand you may say the Dortmund comment was contradictory until I explained what effect it had on their domestic season, but I never mentioned last seasons transfers unto you said that so how was I contradicting myself about that? And adding a point which is also going with my general point that Liverpool aren't a great squad is far from contradictory, if anything it's backing up my point.

Ok mate, you're right, I'm wrong.

About everything.

Let's move on.

Thank fuck for that

waspish said:
Why doesn't Messi see out his contract at Barcelona and get 120m signing on fee from us

I thought a player gets a percentage of the signing on fee?
If he sees his contract out he becomes a free agent,so a percentage of nothing is nothing....or am I missing your point?

waspish said:
CitizenTID said:
waspish said:
Why doesn't Messi see out his contract at Barcelona and get 120m signing on fee from us
His current contract runs out in 2018

Why are Barcelona negotiating a new deal now they have all the cards at the moment
If he someone puts in an offer that matches buyout clause it will be upto Messi . Give me what i want or i'm off.

A deal on the renewal of Lionel Messi (26) is close. 85% done, details left. His father travels to Barcelona this week. [md]

Via @barcastuff

cmdub said:
A deal on the renewal of Lionel Messi (26) is close. 85% done, details left. His father travels to Barcelona this week. [md]

Via @barcastuff
fingers-4.gif
<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:32 am --<br /><br />His dad looks like he's a fan of The Smiths
1365630526_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg

It's on I tell ya!

cmdub said:

Via @barcastuff

Bugger. As someone has said paying Messi on a par with Neymar ( including the retrospective bit and payments to family etc.) will blow a whole in Barca's already iffy finances - god knows how they will finance a new stadium. More loans from the local government?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.