Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonsensical. How is it misleading? It merely shows that Messi has converted more than any other club combined
It’s misleading because if it said Barca instead of messi the figure would likely be the same
But he is still probably the best out there
By a mile

It’s misleading because if it said Barca instead of messi the figure would likely be the same
But he is still probably the best out there
By a mile

Then you missed the point, it was intended to show Leo out performs combined clubs for the past decade much less any single player

At Barca, goals from fks over past decade have been converted additionally by Neymar, Alves & Xavi

As much as I love Messi that is a misleading stat considering all of Barcelona's freekicks in the last 10 years have probably been taken my Messi. Might as well write Barcelona there.
Pretty sure (without bothering to check) that Messi hasn't played every single game for the last 10 years.

Would you say the same if our rivals were going big for a near 34 year old?
Surely it'd be a stick to beat them with.
Merit is all well and good of you're spending big, but you want 3 or 4 years from that outlay, if not longer.
I didn't think we'd make PR signings this far into our transformation as a club. I can't see it as anything other than that unfortunately, purely just because of his age.
If by spending big you're talking about a transfer fee would you still say no if he was on a freebie?

As much as I’d love to see Messi lining up in a city shirt it just doesn’t feel like it’s the right path for us to go down.

he’s the best ever and I still think he can hit good numbers in the prem but in terms of succession planning and the development of the team I just can’t see past Haaland being the signing we need.

the kid is available this summer and is risk free. He scores goals for fun

if we sign Messi and extend Sergio for another 12 months we’ll have the unenviable task of replacing both at the same time and I just don’t think that’s a good position to put ourselves in.

As much as I’d love to see Messi lining up in a city shirt it just doesn’t feel like it’s the right path for us to go down.

he’s the best ever and I still think he can hit good numbers in the prem but in terms of succession planning and the development of the team I just can’t see past Haaland being the signing we need.

if we sign Messi and extend Sergio for another 12 months we’ll have the unenviable task of replacing both at the same time and I just don’t think that’s a good position to put ourselves in.
I just dont think the club will deal with Haalands agent.....especially after his previous comments about Pep (something comparing him to "a dog" I believe it was)....plus the astronomical fee his agent would want for himself......

Haaland will end up at Liverpool or Utd before us if its the premiership he goes to........Real Madrid or B.Munich are other possibilities.

As much as i agree with you and would love to see him here I just dont belive it will happen for the reasons ablve-----hope I am wrong

I just dont think the club will deal with Haalands agent.....especially after his previous comments about Pep (something comparing him to "a dog" I believe it was)....plus the astronomical fee his agent would want for himself......

Haaland will end up at Liverpool or Utd before us if its the premiership he goes to........Real Madrid or B.Munich are other possibilities.

As much as i agree with you and would love to see him here I just dont belive it will happen for the reasons ablve-----hope I am wrong
Yep intend to agree.

I can’t remember the last time we identified our top target and paid what it takes to get him.

Madrid need a benzema replacement, united need a centre forward, Liverpool would probably move Firmino on to sign him and Lewandowski isn’t getting any younger

certainly won’t be short of takers for him

Haaland won't be joining so its not even a question of picking one or the other.

Get Messi in, its not going to have any negative impact whatsoever. At worst Mahrez spends more time on the bench or leaves. Hardly the end of the world.

Messi signs, Pep signs an extension and we are well and truly at the top of the footballing world. Sign Messi and you have a slight chance at the likes of Mbappe.

Haaland won't be joining so its not even a question of picking one or the other.

Get Messi in, its not going to have any negative impact whatsoever. At worst Mahrez spends more time on the bench or leaves. Hardly the end of the world.

Messi signs, Pep signs an extension and we are well and truly at the top of the footballing world. Sign Messi and you have a slight chance at the likes of Mbappe.
What makes you think that we won’t get Haaland but would get Mbappe? I personally think one is much more achievable than the other especially given his supposed buy out clause this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.