Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won’t see a player like Messi for years to come. Enjoy him while he’s still around, he’s been a joy to watch and I’m not even a Barca fan. I hope we can see him at the Etihad for a couple of seasons. People have their doubts about him, but in the right system, he’s still the best player in the world. It’s hard to imagine a player in the future having better technique than Messi.
Love Messi, but it's a clear exaggeration. Player like him come along every 20 years, two previous ones (Maradona and Ronaldo) were equally or more talented, just less protected on and off the pitch. I bet we'll see another superstar emerging in 2020's.

If he comes to the Etihad though, he'll be head and shoulders better that any City player, simply because this team isn't that special individually, contrary to the media narrative ('City have bought all the best ones)'. The only current City player who'd get into that legendary Barca side on a regular basis is probably KdB, and he wouldn't be replacing Xavi/Iniesta, that's for sure.

Sometimes I feel Pep isn't getting enough credit for his work, for the way he makes very good, but not exceptional players to perform as a superstar team. Maybe Messi rocking up at Manchester and demonstrating the gap in quality would make people understand it a bit better

Love Messi, but it's a clear exaggeration. Player like him come along every 20 years, two previous ones (Maradona and Ronaldo) were equally or more talented, just less protected on and off the pitch. I bet we'll see another superstar emerging in 2020's.

If he comes to the Etihad though, he'll be head and shoulders better that any City player, simply because this team isn't that special individually, contrary to the media narrative ('City have bought all the best ones)'. The only current City player who'd get into that legendary Barca side on a regular basis is probably KdB, and he wouldn't be replacing Xavi/Iniesta, that's for sure.

Sometimes I feel Pep isn't getting enough credit for his work, for the way he makes very good, but not exceptional players to perform as a superstar team. Maybe Messi rocking up at Manchester and demonstrating the gap in quality would make people understand it a bit better

Twenty years is a long time away, so my point is valid.

Twenty years is a long time away, so my point is valid.

Also Ronaldo was absolutely nothing like Messi, and clearly a much less complete player.

Ronaldo was a phenomenon as a striker for 6 or 7 years.

Messi has outstripped those numbers for 15 years, but he's also the greatest playmaker to ever live. You can compare him to Maradonna, so you're looking at 30-40 years between them.

God I hope we get him but just feel the time has passed and he will end up staying at Barcelona unfortunately :-(

The thing with Messi - He’s like if you got the skill of Maradona and then combined it with the goals of Ronaldo.

There’s arguably never been a player, until Messi, with that amount of raw ability combined with that amount of goals.

That’s what makes him the best ever for me.

Dunno how reliable they are....TNT Sport were claiming Jorge Messi was flying in to Barcelona yesterday for talks with Laporta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.