Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EalingBlue2 said:
Selling during an embargo would suit their board down to the ground and b the best thing for a club. Would mean the money could be used where they need it not Spunked to appease fans

Would Bartomeu want to be known as the man who sold Messi though. The election for the next Barcelona president is in 2016 and it looks like he will be up against Laporta who was known for signing big players like Ronaldinho when he was last in 10 years ago. Selling Messi would go down horribly and it would certainly push the current president into a position of weakness unless he spent the money very wisely. To be honest I don't like the idea of giving a competitor nearly £200M to do what they want with. Barcelona are at arms length because unlike us, they don't have any money to throw around. Give them £200M though and they are already a financial powerhouse, they could replace Messi very easily with a very strong group of decent players.

With this transfer anyway I just personally just don't think Barcelona are a selling club, not their best players anyway. Messi is also not just a fantastic player but he is a cashcow that they won't want to let go of until they have gotten everything they can.

inbetween said:
EalingBlue2 said:
Selling during an embargo would suit their board down to the ground and b the best thing for a club. Would mean the money could be used where they need it not Spunked to appease fans

Would Bartomeu want to be known as the man who sold Messi though. The election for the next Barcelona president is in 2016 and it looks like he will be up against Laporta who was known for signing big players like Ronaldinho when he was last in 10 years ago. Selling Messi would go down horribly and it would certainly push the current president into a position of weakness unless he spent the money very wisely. To be honest I don't like the idea of giving a competitor nearly £200M to do what they want with. Barcelona are at arms length because unlike us, they don't have any money to throw around. Give them £200M though and they are already a financial powerhouse, they could replace Messi very easily with a very strong group of decent players.

With this transfer anyway I just personally just don't think Barcelona are a selling club, not their best players anyway. Messi is also not just a fantastic player but he is a cashcow that they won't want to let go of until they have gotten everything they can.

I actually read an article about a month back(I'll try and find it)...was basically saying how it would be a good move for the current board to sell him before the next election.

Not exactly what I read,but similar,all to do with the politics of the club,which I don't understand....can anyone explain how it would strengthen their position politically by selling him?....PB?

Could Barcelona do the unthinkable and push Lionel Messi out the exit door? Messi feels underappreciated at Barcelona and believes the club is preparing to sell him to the highest bidder by 2016, Spanish radio station Cadena COPE reported Wednesday. Messi reportedly believes Barcelona’s current board of directors have launched a whisper campaign, which questions his commitment to the club. Cope reported that Barcelona’s board will look to sell Messi for a massive transfer fee and strengthen its political position before the club’s elections in 2016.

If I was Barca and I was contemplating a deal with us for Messi. One of my conditions would be to stop the finance deal with Real.

nmc said:
If I was Barca and I was contemplating a deal with us for Messi. One of my conditions would be to stop the finance deal with Real.

Well that isn't happening is it. So if that is/was/will be part of any agenda then he wouldn't be coming here.

Barca would realise that though - you can't just go around cancelling £350m contracts for no good reason, and there's zero chance of that happening.

Just my opinion but the Nou needs serious money throwing at it for re development-its miles behind the top clubs in terms of facilities and structural quality, uncovered stand etc. What better legacy could Messi leave than a big transfer fee to aid the much needed re building of an iconic stadium? I'd say it could have legs-even more so now Neymar appears to be settling in nicely.

flb said:
Just my opinion but the Nou needs serious money throwing at it for re development-its miles behind the top clubs in terms of facilities and structural quality, uncovered stand etc. What better legacy could Messi leave than a big transfer fee to aid the much needed re building of an iconic stadium? I'd say it could have legs-even more so now Neymar appears to be settling in nicely.

This is from January,work is apparently starting in 2017.......says in here they will take a loan for £165 million,and can cover the rest..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2542900/The-New-Camp-Barcelona-reveal-495m-plan-develop-105-000-capacity-stadium-roof.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -roof.html</a>

Chelsea been linked in the last few days with comments from Mourinho and Fabregas. Mourinho saying that FFP would make it extremely difficult for them.

Surely Messi would choose us over Chelsea with the players we have?

ManCityX said:
Chelsea been linked in the last few days with comments from Mourinho and Fabregas. Mourinho saying that FFP would make it extremely difficult for them.

Didn't someone post a picture of Chelsea's "supposed" shirt for next season,with turkish airlines as the new sponsor?
Maybe they might chuck a load of money at Chelsea to help fund a deal?

SPIDERBOY said:
ManCityX said:

Didn't someone post a picture of Chelsea's "supposed" shirt for next season,with turkish airlines as the new sponsor?
Maybe they might chuck a load of money at Chelsea to help fund a deal?

Turkish airlines? Can't imagine them being hugely wealthy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.