Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barcelona will be out of the running before that

They go top of the league if they win their game in hand. With only 5 games left after that, one of those against Atletico. So very much in their hands now. Must be favourites to win it now.

Not that I think it would have an hhuge mpact on Messi's decision, into the last 65 days of his contract

They go top of the league if they win their game in hand. With only 5 games left after that, one of those against Atletico. So very much in their hands now. Must be favourites to win it now.

Not that I think it would have an hhuge mpact on Messi's decision, into the last 65 days of his contract

No new contract offer given to Messi yet - like you said, 65 days until his existing one finishes.

I presume that Laporta's promises were based on the Super League coming off and them being given this £300m welcome bonus. If they did, great - offer Messi a new contract using it with the promise of using the rest to improve the squad and make them competitive in Europe.

Without that money. Barcelona are what they were last Summer when he wanted to leave: skint. They've competed domestically this season and may well win the league in addition to the CDR but they still suffered in Europe. Including a battering at home by PSG.

Even if he wanted to stay now (despite not much changing in terms of why he wanted to leave) then I don't see how they can afford to pay him unless he accepts a massive wage cut and other promises. They either give Messi a new contract or use that money to put a small dent in the debt or improve the squad as a whole.

No idea what will happen personally but my rose-tinted glasses when it comes to him point to him leaving and being left with 2 choices: us or PSG. Again, I think he'd choose us but that could be bias (Pep etc. over Neymar).

No new contract offer given to Messi yet - like you said, 65 days until his existing one finishes.

I presume that Laporta's promises were based on the Super League coming off and them being given this £300m welcome bonus. If they did, great - offer Messi a new contract using it with the promise of using the rest to improve the squad and make them competitive in Europe.

Without that money. Barcelona are what they were last Summer when he wanted to leave: skint. They've competed domestically this season and may well win the league in addition to the CDR but they still suffered in Europe. Including a battering at home by PSG.

Even if he wanted to stay now (despite not much changing in terms of why he wanted to leave) then I don't see how they can afford to pay him unless he accepts a massive wage cut and other promises. They either give Messi a new contract or use that money to put a small dent in the debt or improve the squad as a whole.

No idea what will happen personally but my rose-tinted glasses when it comes to him point to him leaving and being left with 2 choices: us or PSG. Again, I think he'd choose us but that could be bias (Pep etc. over Neymar).

Agree with all that. I still think it wouldn't surprise menif he stayed. They tend to find ways to spend, Barcelona. But the logic of it all and the situation points to him leaving, with a decent likelihood of joining us.

This quotes ESPN......not a chance they can afford to offer Messi a new deal and bring in Neymar and Haaland.

This quotes ESPN......not a chance they can afford to offer Messi a new deal and bring in Neymar and Haaland.

Neymar has just signed - or is 99% guaranteed to be soon - a new contract at PSG anyway so that won’t be happening.

Neymar has just signed - or is 99% guaranteed to be soon - a new contract at PSG anyway so that won’t be happening.
Says in that article that "any salary decreases would be compensated over a number of years"......let's say over 10 years.
If Barca elect a new president during them 10 years,can they turn round and say "nah mate,not happening,we dint agree to that"
Or would the contract stand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.