Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did “fuck all” whilst scoring 4 and assisting 1 in 7 games with 4 man of the match performances.
We'll differ on how much he was worth it.

I remember bat the time thinking it was a 'product' award...sadly a very quick Google suggest fucking Blatter is with me....https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2247411-lionel-messis-world-cup-golden-ball-award-was-a-mistake-says-sepp-blatter

I therefore agree 100% with you ;)

He was also awarded player of the tourney in the WC where he did fuck all.

His stats may well warrant the league mom awards but really they're open to abuse.

Fuck all? Legit was the best player for a team that got to the World Cup final. Only reason they didn’t win it was because Higuain ballooned a sitter when clean through.

Also, what are you even talking about in general? He’s easily been the world’s best player during his entire career. You’re acting as if he’s a Fernandes type where people just go off the stats ffs.

Says in that article that "any salary decreases would be compensated over a number of years"......let's say over 10 years.
If Barca elect a new president during them 10 years,can they turn round and say "nah mate,not happening,we dint agree to that"
Or would the contract stand?

Interesting, not sure. Presumably if it's written in a contract then that's that - given Barca's track record (the Summer just gone and sticking to the date in his contract to let him leave) then they'd stick to that.

Or whatever suits them at the time.

I'm intrigued at Barcenomics! I haven't worked out the trick in understanding how offering the best player in the world a pay cut guaranteed for a number of years makes the deal more attractive. Some compensation that!

No new contract offer given to Messi yet - like you said, 65 days until his existing one finishes.

I presume that Laporta's promises were based on the Super League coming off and them being given this £300m welcome bonus. If they did, great - offer Messi a new contract using it with the promise of using the rest to improve the squad and make them competitive in Europe.

Without that money. Barcelona are what they were last Summer when he wanted to leave: skint. They've competed domestically this season and may well win the league in addition to the CDR but they still suffered in Europe. Including a battering at home by PSG.

Even if he wanted to stay now (despite not much changing in terms of why he wanted to leave) then I don't see how they can afford to pay him unless he accepts a massive wage cut and other promises. They either give Messi a new contract or use that money to put a small dent in the debt or improve the squad as a whole.

No idea what will happen personally but my rose-tinted glasses when it comes to him point to him leaving and being left with 2 choices: us or PSG. Again, I think he'd choose us but that could be bias (Pep etc. over Neymar).

It says it all that Barca would blow a £300m windfall on a new contract for Messi and presumably remain £1.2bn in debt. Clubs seem to think that they can spend as recklessly as they like and then just bully the rest of World Football to demand an even bigger slice of the cake to offset their financial mismanagement or as Snr Perez would put it ‘save football’.

Bechler broke the Neymar to PSG story and a couple of other big stories,i think.
He reckons that Barca WILL NOT match the offer on the table.

Time will tell if he's all about the money.

I dunno mate I think that's a bit unfair. PSG would be a good sporting move for him too, they've made CL final last year and semis this year. I'm sorry to add that Paris is probably a better place to live for a multi millionaire and his young family than Manchester. Pochettino can also say "do you really fancy getting the shit kicked out of you by the likes of Phil Bardsley in England, or do you want to eat croissants with me?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.