Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have loved Messi to come to City last season. With possibility of Aguero going to Barca this window, I don't think he'll come. As Pep says, Messi is Barcelona through and through. It would be like Foden playing for us for next 12 years, winning player of the season every year, then leaving for Barcelona. We'd all want him to stay and be part of the coaching set up and maybe future manager.
But hopefully City won't be a billion in debt in ten years time, won't be a force which is getting hammered every year in the CL, won't be blaming Phil for everything which goes wrong, won't be faced with withdrawing from some joke ESL or being kicked out of the CL and will still be owned, run and managed at the same level (even by all the same people) as today. I can't see City alienating Phil the way Barcelona have alienated Messi, who spoke glowingly of Pep last season as the coach who had brought the best out of him.

I don't watch Barcelona. How do they use Messi? Would Pep play him in the same position? Who would he replace in our current first choice team?

He would be false 9, so will take the place of Jesus or all the 9s we have used, but Messi likes many times inside the game to come a little more on the right to take the ball and start an attack himself(in fact most of the time plays closer to the center in the right than in the central position/full striker). He also likes to go to the left but more closer to the center, but not that frequently. He is the most FALSE 9 there can be.

One of our best attributes is pressing the opposition into mistakes. Has Messi got the legs for this or will we need to adapt to accommodate him?

He still has the legs for this but he does not want to do it so most of the times he did not do it in Barcelona the last 3 years. I have seen in certain critical games or critical situations inside a game that he can press normally in full speed but he most often chooses to not do it. Guardiola has said in the past(3-4 years ago) that a coach has to be crazy to have Messi press like crazy, he needs to press only minimally as what he brings to the attack is much much more valuable so he prefers to have him not that tired.

Also it wasn't only a twitter, but of course the info is effectively the same :)

Another goal today. 30 for the season in La Liga this season. Ninth time he’s done it. I’d absolutely love the guy here - not just because it’s Messi playing for my club but also because he’s so fucking good.

Not sure I’m on the ‘wait a year for Haaland’ train, though. I just don’t feel it’d go that swimmingly.

look if we have haaland in the bag then that's why aguero leaving ? but a big twist could be on the cards here and we get both messi and haaland and aguero stays for another season

i was only saying the other day its funny why aguero has not signed for anybody because he is a free agent and can sign a pre contract anytime he likes. also the 93.20 new shirts would be fitting of aguero in one next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.