Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman is toast and Laporta is going to bring Xavi in.
Messi may well like this. However Xavi is like Pirlo an untried manager, statistically likely to fail. But it's a romantic idea that ex Barca midfielder can turn around the club's fortunes. After all it wouldn't be the first time.
But with time running out on his career if I were Messi I'd be looking for something more solid like City.

The Sun claiming 'Messi's entourage have put the feelers out with Chelsea and Utd over a summer move'

Quiet day at their office, but highlights how this week will be for Barcelona, claims and speculation will just echo and pick up pace.

If there is anything to him staying, this will be their time to announce it. Anything after the last game of the season starts to look not that good for them.

Koeman is toast and Laporta is going to bring Xavi in.
Messi may well like this. However Xavi is like Pirlo an untried manager, statistically likely to fail. But it's a romantic idea that ex Barca midfielder can turn around the club's fortunes. After all it wouldn't be the first time.
But with time running out on his career if I were Messi I'd be looking for something more solid like City.

Xavi signed a 2-year contract extension at his current club just 4 days ago. I doubt he's headed to Barca, they probably couldn't even afford to pay it out.

Xavi signed a 2-year contract extension at his current club just 4 days ago. I doubt he's headed to Barca, they probably couldn't even afford to pay it out.
I don't think Xavi would even want it, why ruin your reputation. The whole club needs an overhaul and I wouldn't want to be at the forefront of it, do it in a few years once Laporta has fixed the major problems. Then you can just come in and win trophies and keep the legacy going, like Zidane.

Reactions: kun
I don't think Xavi would even want it, why ruin your reputation. The whole club needs an overhaul and I wouldn't want to be at the forefront of it, do it in a few years once Laporta has fixed the major problems. Then you can just come in and win trophies and keep the legacy going, like Zidane.

Xavi would be insane to go there now, at a time when they need such a rebuild and have to watch their pennies. Even if messi stays, still an uphill battle, at a time he hasn't even had a chance to establish himself. Koeman, a much more experienced and proven manager can't manage it, xavi would not help barca any, and would ruin his own chances of managing them properly at the right time.

But then, these cules do tend to do the craziest of things.

Considering the everlasting power struggle happening there, Laporta will be out of the door at the next elections - or even sooner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.