Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do they think he has done wrong, with that team.
I don’t think Koeman is a great coach, but I would agree that he has barely been given a chance to prove himself. The team provides him with very few options to change it up tactically with solidness, and, for a transition, to decide that he isn’t good enough after one (and particularly this one) season, is a bit cruel to him. Here and there, in a few games, he has actually shown some ideas that prove his worth. This isn’t Valverde; he was a legendary player for them, and deserves better.

I don’t think Koeman is a great coach, but I would agree that he has barely been given a chance to prove himself. The team provides him with very few options to change it up tactically with solidness, and, for a transition, to decide that he isn’t good enough after one (and particularly this one) season, is a bit cruel to him. Here and there, in a few games, he has actually shown some ideas that prove his worth. This isn’t Valverde; he was a legendary player for them, and deserves better.

Exactly. A club legend, with an aged squad, no real enforcements or players he wanted, a few stars rid of (suarez rakitic etc). Won a cup, stayed in title race till almost the last week of the season. More than could have been expected.

I think he did a great job with southampton, and in the Netherlands. took a poisoned chalice at everton, and now at Barcelona. Even staying another year would still have been a caretaker role, but hardly justifies sacking.

Koeman is a terrible coach, nowhere near good enough for Barca and a terrible appointment by the previous appalling president.

Barca need a complete reboot, Koeman will have no part in that.

Koeman is a terrible coach, nowhere near good enough for Barca and a terrible appointment by the previous appalling president.

Barca need a complete reboot, Koeman will have no part in that.

Winning a cup and staying relevant in the race as long as he has with this team is plenty good enough for this barcelona.

Winning a cup and staying relevant in the race as long as he has with this team is plenty good enough for this barcelona.
They failed when it mattered, and the upturn in form from a terrible start was down to Messi.

Messi dragged them back into contention, but they blew it and Koeman was a big part of that.

Agreed, I think he did well in the last few months. Wouldn't be surprised if they would go lower than this without him.

Suddenly everyone admires Koeman. Think it's wishful thinking. ie people want him to stay so Messi leaves.

Koeman is bang average and if Pep left we wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

Barcelona are in a poor place at the moment football wise and financially. But they are still a huge draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.