Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well something has to happen soon as his contract is up in 6 weeks. I’m actually surprised it’s so quiet.

I know Messi is a special case but.....serious question......can anyone think of a player that has ever run his contract down this far and stayed at the club as a player...ever?

Im not saying he definitely won’t stay just wondering if anyone can think of a similar case since the Bosman ruling?

Unusual to say the least!

Last edited:
Well something has to happen soon as his contract is up in 6 weeks. I’m actually surprised it’s so quiet.

I know Messi is a special case but.....serious question......can anyone think of a player that has ever run his contract down this far and stayed at the club as a player...ever?

Im not saying he definitely won’t stay just wondering if anyone can think of a similar case since the Bosman ruling?

Pep used to sign 1 year extensions with Barcelona every May/June.

Fernandinho might. Agree though, so uncommon to let it get this late to then agree. Particularly one as complex as this, even if he did want stay above all else.

Sounds more and more like Laporta was ready to ride that promise of a ticket, and will publicly say what people want to hear about it being a must, a priority, etc. But is also happy to time homself out of options and say there wan never any chaance and the damage was already done previously.

Unless they really do have an unofficial agreement in the background boyh are comfortable with and a re in no rush to announce it. But i don't see them either having the balls to do that, nor the ability to not leat it out.

Maybe Messi has a deal in place with another club but its being kept under wraps - seems very calm and quiet

As a player or a Manager? I’ve come across that as a manager but I mean as a player.

It is an interesting question and I've racked my brains, nothing obvious jumpes to mind. Did Yays not extend his final year close to the end of his contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.