Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see anything other than him signing for Barcelona. I think there would be more talk otherwise. He's probably verbally told them he'll sign and to leave him alone until after the Copa America.

However, if he does manage to win it with Argentina then it's a big weight lifted for him, having not won anything with Argentina yet. And maybe that will make him think about a new challenge at a new club.

I take it that his contract expires at Midnight tomorrow?

So presumably he is off Barca’s books at that point? Given the constraints Barca have signing “new” players will it not be a problem them signing him?

Just speculating but would that not also curtail any marketing rights and the attached money Barca get as a result of Messi not being their player and, if he re-signs with Barca they could be renegotiated at lower levels?

Im not saying he won’t re-sign with Barca but it could be more complicated for them if it goes beyond tomorrow rather than today.

If it doesn’t get done today or tomorrow I think it may put Barca in a position whereby a whole new can of worms is opened.

Fernandinho has signed his extension, with just a day to go on his contract

Blinked first, Messi wins.
Never any drama with Fern though.

Messi is on nearly a million euros a week. Looking at their squad I'm wondering how they are gonna satisfy the salary cap obligations without him taking a massive hit. They don't have too many they can sell if they want to compete for the title next season

Announce ferna today, announce Messi tomorrow.
Simples....

Na, after the copa america would be fine. There has to be the grace break-up period between messi and barca. Can't just move onto the next one immediately after finishing that long term relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.