Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it really strange that there has been no leaks like there was last year when he signed this now expired 1 year deal, the people closest to him couldn't wait to tell the world.

And I'm calling bullshit on this news of a two year deal for him, surely he would have signed for two years when he signed the one year deal!

I reckon he's said I'll do another year, if you get some decent players in next season I'll do another year........then in comes Eric Garcia and memphis depay.

Adios amigos, I'm off.

I find it really strange that there has been no leaks like there was last year when he signed this now expired 1 year deal, the people closest to him couldn't wait to tell the world.

And I'm calling bullshit on this news of a two year deal for him, surely he would have signed for two years when he signed the one year deal!

I reckon he's said I'll do another year, if you get some decent players in next season I'll do another year........then in comes Eric Garcia and memphis depay.

Adios amigos, I'm off.

He didn't sign a one year deal last summer.

He was committed to Barcelona till today, since his extension in 2017. He did however have a courtesy final year get-out in recognition of loyalty and service which he tried to use, but Barceloana and LaLiga fucked the spirit of the clause over the technicality, by using the date in the contract, which was also the end of a typical season, instead of the end of the season which came later than usual due to the covid delay.

His lawyers disagreed with the interpretation, and from memory fifa even loosely backed it, but Barcelona said they would take it to court so he withdrew out of respect for the club. And announced he would see out his contract, which he has now done.

You are right though, they were quick to let the world know.

He didn't sign a one year deal last summer.

He was committed to Barcelona till today, since his extension in 2017. He did however have a courtesy final year get-out in recognition of loyalty and service which he tried to use, but Barceloana and LaLiga fucked the spirit of the clause over the technicality, by using the date in the contract, which was also the end of a typical season, instead of the end of the season which came later than usual due to the covid delay.

His lawyers disagreed with the interpretation, and from memory fifa even loosely backed it, but Barcelona said they would take it to court so he withdrew out of respect for the club. And announced he would see out his contract, which he has now done.

You are right though, they were quick to let the world know.

Actually having said that above, it feels quite natural what he has done (if it turns out he does indeed leave today).

He would have followed through with what he said, respected the club and his contract till the last day, and not said anything against them.

He could have easily publicly agreed a pre-contract with any other club in january. He could have fucked it for the new president at any point till now by doing so, or even announcing he isnt renewing. Both could have been seen as spitefully getting one back for not being allowed to leave. He said absolutely nothing, nit even in response to Laporta's own comments about his future.

He also could have completely resolved the whole damn thing by just signing or even announcing he would stay, once contract is agreed, if that was what he wanted.

To me that explains his silence, and as such a lack of leaks from his camp, more than anything else.

I think he will let us all know after the copa. I reckon he’s leaving but wants to concentrate on the copa. Think he’ll announce it while in Argentina. No other explanation and I think he’s already told Barca and they asked to keep it quiet until they’ve signed all there freebies as him leaving might make it a harder sell to join Barca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.