Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that would be interesting. Tebas a couple of days ago…

“If Barcelona want to bring in a player who costs them €25million per season in salary, they must earn, either by transfer or by a salary reduction, €100 million.”

Speaking about how the rules impact Barca’ bloated squad, Tebas added: “They have to reduce salaries in the squad considerably or produce fees from sold players.

Im guessing that doesn’t apply to renewals. If so Barca may need to sort today or Messi will be subject to the same rules as any other new signing.

I also get the impression that the rules were modified after Barca‘s Bosman signings which is how they got Aguero et al in.

Its complicated and I could be wrong but given the above and the fact that all Messi’s marketing deals which involve Barca might need renegotiating after he “leaves” I doubt they would choose to leave it till after the Copa America…but this is what Bartomeu forced him to do.

Where did you see the Tebad quote on the salary btw, the article Inread only had it for transfer fee rather than salary. Which would explain another reason to why they target so many free signings.

“If Barca sell a player for €100million, they can only spend €25million.

“If Barca receives €10million on a sale, they can only spend €2.5million on a new signing'.

It actually 100% makes sense that it applies to wages as well, it is just that I hadn't seen that mentioned.

That is the bloody problem with bit-part articles only ising one or two quotes to make points they want to.

I just find this whole situation fascinating. How are they going to get out of this without nefarious shenanigans ?

Look at the squad they have ! It's utter bollox, they only have a couple of salable options, but even then you could get a max 60m for each. Dembele is off the table as he's injured. Nobody's going to take player swaps because most of what's on offer are utter shit they can't wait to be shut of. Nobody is going to throw wads of cash for the players they want to sell.
I think I saw Nefarious Shenanigans supporting The Clash in 78

They had to pay him nearly 8m euros to get him off the books. Probably in IOUs but still

Sure, in terms of wage bill, they have reduced it though, even slightly.

I can see a few more of these cancellations. And loans where other club pays wages, and loans with to buy options/obligations, and then sales. While signing free players on lower wages.

Sure, in terms of wage bill, they have reduced it though, even slightly.

I can see a few more of these cancellations. And loans where other club pays wages, and loans with to buy options/obligations, and then sales. While signing free players on lower wages.
But added at least 30m to it with Aguero, Emerson, depay and Garcia. It won't be enough. I don't think too many will be keen to drop wages by more than half if they are not reaching the ends of their current deals

I just find this whole situation fascinating. How are they going to get out of this without nefarious shenanigans ?

Look at the squad they have ! It's utter bollox, they only have a couple of salable options, but even then you could get a max 60m for each. Dembele is off the table as he's injured. Nobody's going to take player swaps because most of what's on offer are utter shit they can't wait to be shut of. Nobody is going to throw wads of cash for the players they want to sell.

Player swaps don't help them anyway, unless they get cash as part of the deal. Theu need to raise cash, and reduce wages so they can use said cash fully.

The loans will help pay the wages, but in terms of hetting back to below the threshold, they need to get to profit pretty damn quickly. Stadium attendance returning will help, they will need more

Where did you see the Tebad quote on the salary btw, the article Inread only had it for transfer fee rather than salary. Which would explain another reason to why they target so many free signings.

“If Barca sell a player for €100million, they can only spend €25million.

“If Barca receives €10million on a sale, they can only spend €2.5million on a new signing'.

It actually 100% makes sense that it applies to wages as well, it is just that I hadn't seen that mentioned.

That is the bloody problem with bit-part articles only ising one or two quotes to make points they want to.

Thanks, all 3 in there.

I totally see your point now, of extending today vs signing him tomorrow as a free agent. It doesn't stack up for them.

If he extends today, their already above the limit wage stays above the limit, they need to balance it out at some point but the restriction presumably doesnt apply to messi, only to new players.

If he signs as a free agent, if he stays on 50m a year, they need to raise 200m in sales and wages to sign him. Heck even if he drops to half at 25m a year, they need to raise 100m.

And thats before they fund the wages of the free players they have just signed.

Doesn't matter the ins and outs, he is signing a new contract and I would be floored if its for anything other than a market rate. Tebas is all hot air, like hes gonna ban Barca for going over whatever daft FFP they have put in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.