Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That'd be some loophole. 'Sense' says they'd still need to comply with the current pay cap, but then we are talking about Tebas
Tebas said they wouldn't let Barca register the player if they went over the cap. They just added 3 new wages to it already in aguero, depay and Garcia.

well they are already around 250m euros over the cap!
I don't think you can drop below it for 24 hours then massively exceed it. I think that's would be hilarious if you could do that but I don't think you can or everyone would do it.

Just to add they also signed Emerson so they've added 4 new wages

I don't think you can drop below it for 24 hours then massively exceed it. I think that's would be hilarious if you could do that but I don't think you can or everyone would do it.

They are truly fucked!!! They still also owe over 200m euros in unpaid transfer payments to other clubs as well! If Messi has sporting ambitions still like he stated then he needs to leave asap.

well they are already around 250m euros over the cap!

They are truly fucked!!! They still also owe over 200m euros in unpaid transfer payments to other clubs as well! If Messi has sporting ambitions still like he stated then he needs to leave asap.
Their cap is 300m. They are negotiating players taking 70% wage cuts but who in their right minds would do that unless they are almost out of contract ?? You'd be a fool

Their cap is 300m. They are negotiating players taking 70% wage cuts but who in their right minds would do that unless they are almost out of contract ?? You'd be a fool

exactly!! No way barca get out of this mess without losing Messi!

I just find this whole situation fascinating. How are they going to get out of this without nefarious shenanigans ?

Look at the squad they have ! It's utter bollox, they only have a couple of salable options, but even then you could get a max 60m for each. Dembele is off the table as he's injured. Nobody's going to take player swaps because most of what's on offer are utter shit they can't wait to be shut of. Nobody is going to throw wads of cash for the players they want to sell.

Last edited:

They have cancelled the 4 years left of contract of the Brazilian dude, so one less.

Agree, it would be perverse if they could get out of it by dropping short term by 'releasing' messi to then climb back up be re-signing him as a free agent.

They have cancelled the 4 years left of contract of the Brazilian dude, so one less.

Agree, it would be perverse if they could get out of it by dropping short term by 'releasing' messi to then climb back up be re-signing him as a free agent.
They had to pay him nearly 8m euros to get him off the books. Probably in IOUs but still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.