Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could this possibly all be playing out whereby Messi saves face by saying he wants to stay, Barca save face by saying they did everything they could to make him stay, UEFA and FFP get the blame for everything, and City get rewarded for keeping schtum with an August friendly in Barcelona?
What do we need to keep schtum about?

Think the theories about affordability are forgetting that Messi brings in more to Barcelona than he takes out. They will definitely want to keep him because they'll make much less money without him.

Think the theories about affordability are forgetting that Messi brings in more to Barcelona than he takes out. They will definitely want to keep him because they'll make much less money without him.
Exactly, so why should he take a massive pay cut when he generates more than he earns. But, due to sanctions, barca can't afford to keep him, yet they can't afford not to...

Could this possibly all be playing out whereby Messi saves face by saying he wants to stay, Barca save face by saying they did everything they could to make him stay, UEFA and FFP get the blame for everything, and City get rewarded for keeping schtum with an August friendly in Barcelona?
I just don't see how he can possibly stay with Barca unless he agrees to a significant pay cut which i doubt. Messi will want one final large contract to see out his playing career.

Because of course Lawyers with the utmost duty of confidentiality are well known for leaking their clients wishes and desires…

Not everything a lawyer says is confidential, you frequently use lawyers to communicate.

It's entirely plausible that Messi's lawyers have told Barca they're still prepared to sign the deal they agreed.

The more important question is if Barca can afford the deal they worked up.

THe situation as I see it is this

1) Messi has agreed to stay at X million per year compensation.

2)Barcelona have cooked up a stupid way of paying him that's against La Liga rules.

3)Everyone is in limbo while Barca try to convince Tebas to let them break the rules, or find another way to pay him.

Either Tebas will cave, or Barcelona are going to have to tell Messi they can't afford the deal he agreed with them, at which point he'll have to choose between another club (City, PSG) or taking an even bigger pay cut to stay at Barcelona.

No I wouldn't, I just didn't rate him, would rather have kept Tosin or thrown Harwood bellis in.
Fair enough. Personally at the age he was and the experience he had he was well on the way to being a top player for us. Pep played him instead of Tosin and THB but hey I will respect your opinion and leave it at that

No one's forgetting it, it's just intangible fugazi.

No one knows how much Messi brings in to the club, but most of the money he "brings in" according to the report made by a presidential candidate looking for Messi's approval is in long term sponsorship value.

They don't actually lose money if he goes, they lose it in 1/2/3 years when the sponsorships are renegotiated.

I don’t know the detail but if you were Barca - and falling off a financial cliff and wanted to resign Messi - why bring in 3 new players - Ageuro et al whom they simply cannot afford. If you have to cut wages by 40 per cent - might not be best to start by hiking up the wage bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.