Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well should have thought of that before signing 4 new players.

Most likely, he did. I doubt this is any surprise to them, and Messi is giving him the support by being silent and letting him talk himself right back down from how high he has talked himsel up for the election, out of courtesey. Think they all know and have known the outcome for a while.

feel like they had to sign them before they got snapped up by other teams but its fucked them over

Who was going to snap up Garcia? or even Sergio, at the length of contract he was looking for. Or Depay.

Not everything a lawyer says is confidential, you frequently use lawyers to communicate.

It's entirely plausible that Messi's lawyers have told Barca they're still prepared to sign the deal they agreed.

The more important question is if Barca can afford the deal they worked up.

THe situation as I see it is this

1) Messi has agreed to stay at X million per year compensation.

2)Barcelona have cooked up a stupid way of paying him that's against La Liga rules.

3)Everyone is in limbo while Barca try to convince Tebas to let them break the rules, or find another way to pay him.

Either Tebas will cave, or Barcelona are going to have to tell Messi they can't afford the deal he agreed with them, at which point he'll have to choose between another club (City, PSG) or taking an even bigger pay cut to stay at Barcelona.
Of course Messi’s lawyers might have said so to Barca on their client’s instructions, but they certainly wouldn’t be telling some oik from the Spanish press that they did. They almost certainly didn’t do it via the club janitor who would go straight to the press and would therefore be extremely unhappy to hear that whoever they told has released that information to the press as if on the lawyers say so.

I think that Laporta has agreed in principle a deal with Messi & has until now desperately tried to find a way of funding the deal. Laporta is now realising that they cannot fund the deal & have a feeling in the few days that they will acknowledge they cannot afford to keep Messi due to his financial demands.

Or.. he knew that when he 'agreed' the deal. As dod possibly Messi.

I'm not buying that Laporta really does want Messi to stay. Sure, he will say he does because that has to be said. But he isn't daft enough to actually believe his own promises either.

Who was going to snap up Garcia? or even Sergio, at the length of contract he was looking for. Or Depay.
yeah i get garcia, but aguero had other offers on the table and psg were looking to hijack the depay one, so i guess they wanted them done asap, not only to avoid competition but also to show messis theres some sort of a project going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.