Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one's forgetting it, it's just intangible fugazi.

No one knows how much Messi brings in to the club, but most of the money he "brings in" according to the report made by a presidential candidate looking for Messi's approval is in long term sponsorship value.

They don't actually lose money if he goes, they lose it in 1/2/3 years when the sponsorships are renegotiated.

Will some sponsorships be tied to Messi? I don’t know but it could be that a company pays x if Messi is at the club but x minus 25 per cent if Messi is not at the club… for example.

I know this isnt going to happen but you would think that a player who has been with his Club for over 20 years and has probably taken in excess of half a billion pounds in salary during that time could help the Club out a bit when they are struggling. Would it kill him to earn a mere £100k a week for a couple of years. If he has invested well he’s probably making £10m a year investment income so he’s not going to starve.

All a load of bluster messi will stay or resign with Barca even if it means reduced wages,fantastic player that he is,but I’m starting to sway towards him not testing himself in a different league/country so slightly puts a negative against him,still one of the best but ..

Will some sponsorships be tied to Messi? I don’t know but it could be that a company pays x if Messi is at the club but x minus 25 per cent if Messi is not at the club… for example.

Unlikely that anyone would have demanded that given he's been there for 22 years and before last summer never looked like leaving.

But it's not impossible.

We should do Barca a big favor and take FDJ off their hands. To help out.

Just don't understand the negativity from so many Blues, assuming they are, this is the best player ever to have played the game and is still the best even considering where he is in his career.
If he comes it'll be a monumental moment in the club's history, if he doesn't we'll carry on playing sensational football picking up trophies along the way. Just go with the flow, it's great to be a Blue.

I think that Laporta has agreed in principle a deal with Messi & has until now desperately tried to find a way of funding the deal. Laporta is now realising that they cannot fund the deal & have a feeling in the few days that they will acknowledge they cannot afford to keep Messi due to his financial demands.

Last edited:
I think that Laporte has agreed in principle a deal with Messi & has until now desperately tried to find a way of funding the deal. Laporte is now realising that they cannot fund the deal & have a feeling in the few days that they will acknowledge they cannot afford to keep Messi due to his financial demands.
I’m afraid Laporte is too busy playing in the Euros to deal with that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.