Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
BigOscar said:
Bluewonder said:
Chelsea have London and Fabregas, though.
No one likes Fabregas, he's a dick.

Lets be honest, if Messi comes available, we will be in for him. There is little point worrying about other teams or whether we're being reported as in for him, as that's all just media bullshit. Our lads are obsessed with him and we've been after him for a while, if there is even a slim chance, we will be all over it. If he decides he'd rather earn a fortune at PSG, or go be another Shevchenko or Torres at Chelsea, I'd be very surprised indeed. He's not a player that Mourinho would want at all and he cannot stand Mourinho, he would be an Abramovich signing and I think he'd be smart enough to realise that. Us on the other hand, have all his mates, people he trusts in charge and play in a way that he's used to. To me at least, it seems like a no brainer. If he were to chose one of them over us, you'd have to wonder what on earth he was thinking.

I would be surprised to see him join a Mourinho team after his antics towards Guardiola and Tito whilst Real Madrd manager.

Messi also knows he is going to have to become a very disciplined player.

Messi has been wanting Aguero to join Bardelona for years and you can see when they play for Argentina they have great partnership going on. Both are best mates, shared rooms on international duty and even Aguero said they are like a married couple.

If Chelsea are in for him you can bet we will match their offer and better it, City know as a club they cannot afford another English club to get Messi because they would become the team that the Premier League builds its brand around because sod his marketability, also because of what he offers on the pitch obviously.

Totally agree with everything. However, I must admit I thought much of the same with regards to Fabregas hating Mourinho. So while I think it's a lot more likely he joins us, the rumors make me wonder just a little.

B6nKAIQIQAI3jvj.jpg

Kompany is King said:
BlueDejong said:
Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117 42s43 seconds ago
RAC1 reporting Barcelona will discuss an approach made by Chelsea to sign Lionel Messi.

Transfer News Live ‏@DeadlineDayLive 6m6 minutes ago
The Barcelona board are set to discuss an approach from Chelsea for Lionel Messi. (Source: RAC1)

Come on, City

Wonder when Barca are meeting.

It would make bad reading if it said that messi was discussing approach from Chelsea.

I hate the thought that he would go to Chavs. If he leaves barca,we must do anything to get him. I wonder if we could sign him then leave him out of cl squad and see what sponsors do...I can't stand that fact that the ffpr shite could hamstring us..infuriating

Zubizarreta and Puyol both leave Barca today, emergency board meeting on Wednesday to discuss Luis Enrique position. As well as Messi, hope this turmoil continues for a couple of months.

citytill1die84 said:
Jaxite said:
People are forgetting who owns our club..can't believe people think he would let Chelsea get Leo.

He may have no choice because of FFP
That's my big worry. If it's in the summer, we might stand a chance but the restriction on net spend might make it very difficult unless we unload a few valuable players. Negredo will be gone but we might have to ditch players like Nasri & Jovetic as well.

Prestwich_Blue said:
citytill1die84 said:
Jaxite said:
People are forgetting who owns our club..can't believe people think he would let Chelsea get Leo.

He may have no choice because of FFP
That's my big worry. If it's in the summer, we might stand a chance but the restriction on net spend might make it very difficult unless we unload a few valuable players. Negredo will be gone but we might have to ditch players like Nasri & Jovetic as well.

Do you really think a player like Messi would move in the January transfer window?

Laughable

City have:
Aguero, Txiki, Ferran, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Yaya Toure, Caballero, Zuculini
Other Spanish speakers: Navas, Silva, Pozo, Pellegrini + (Cousillas/Backroom Staff)

http://www.irishcentral.com/sports/...nd-gallagher-brothers-97256249-238037691.html
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ws/zabaleta-messi-impressed-man-citys-8243956
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Messi-miniature-Argentina-kit-son-Thiago.html

Chelsea have London, but they also have this twat:
article-0-0D79792E00000578-877_468x286.jpg

messi-mourinho-28484_501.jpg

IF he does choose to leave (which he probably won't) and If it's between us and Chelsea (which it probably won't be), we'd certainly be in poll position.

I just cannot see Mourinho and Messi at the same club, there is too much bad blood there. For the past 5 years, Mourinho's pupet master, Jorge Mendes, has been running smear campaigns against Messi in order to try and promote his other main client, Cristiano Ronaldo. It's been nasty and it's been unpleasant and I cannot imagine for a second that Messi and his advisors would let that go.

Everything Mourinho does is usually hand in hand with Mendes and his agenda, which puts him completely at odds with Messi and his camp. That's even before you get to tactical point of view that Messi does not remotely fit in to how Mourinho plays. Mourinho doesn't change and Messi doesn't fit into any of the positions in his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.