Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigOscar said:
Stoned Rose said:
BigOscar said:
No one likes Fabregas, he's a dick.

Lets be honest, if Messi comes available, we will be in for him. There is little point worrying about other teams or whether we're being reported as in for him, as that's all just media bullshit. Our lads are obsessed with him and we've been after him for a while, if there is even a slim chance, we will be all over it. If he decides he'd rather earn a fortune at PSG, or go be another Shevchenko or Torres at Chelsea, I'd be very surprised indeed. He's not a player that Mourinho would want at all and he cannot stand Mourinho, he would be an Abramovich signing and I think he'd be smart enough to realise that. Us on the other hand, have all his mates, people he trusts in charge and play in a way that he's used to. To me at least, it seems like a no brainer. If he were to chose one of them over us, you'd have to wonder what on earth he was thinking.

Oscar I think you're one of the best posters on here and talk an awful lot of sense but this idea that Mourinho wouldn't want the best player on the planet is just daft.
He didn't want Shevchenko, when he was just about the best striker in the world at the time. World player of the year Kaka didn't get much of a look in at Real either or Chelsea's best player, Juan Mata. Mourinho wants people who fit his system, the last thing he wants to do is be forced to change his system to accomodate someone. What would he do with Messi? He won't play as a hrd working winger and he's no use as a target man.

Messi is Messi mate.

Schevchenko, Mata and Kaka aren't and never were on the same planet.

There is also the fact that Mourinho wouldn't get a say. If Chelsea got him and Mourinho didn't like it he'd be out the door. Messi trumps everybody.

Prestwich_Blue said:
citytill1die84 said:
Jaxite said:
People are forgetting who owns our club..can't believe people think he would let Chelsea get Leo.

He may have no choice because of FFP
That's my big worry. If it's in the summer, we might stand a chance but the restriction on net spend might make it very difficult unless we unload a few valuable players. Negredo will be gone but we might have to ditch players like Nasri & Jovetic as well.
Other than hart, zabbaleta, vinny, silva and Aguero i wouldn't lose sleep if we had to sell anyone else for Messi. If we were to sell him now dzeko would need to go instantly so he has his no10 shirt

Hamann Pineapple said:
Messi is one of the few players in the world who could actually buy out his own £200M contract. Theoretically what is to stop Abramovich or Mansour just gifting that money to his personal bank account. Nothing.

Has Wenger been consulted?

SPIDERBOY said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
citytill1die84 said:
He may have no choice because of FFP
That's my big worry. If it's in the summer, we might stand a chance but the restriction on net spend might make it very difficult unless we unload a few valuable players. Negredo will be gone but we might have to ditch players like Nasri & Jovetic as well.

Why do you use them 2 as an example?.....you mentioned nasri a few times now,someone started a thread regards nasri saying he would go if asked...I'm thinking you know more.Might be wrong though.
I only picked those two as they would occupy the same sort of position that Messi would. We wouldn't need Jovetic if we had Messi so that's a no-brainer but we might need to find some more money depending on what the UEFA sanction actually is.

Let's just spend any cash on fhilipe Anderson lazio amazing performance against samp tonight maradona like great runs and a great goal and an amazing assist for the third goal on espn now

Stoned Rose said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Messi is one of the few players in the world who could actually buy out his own £200M contract. Theoretically what is to stop Abramovich or Mansour just gifting that money to his personal bank account. Nothing.

Has Wenger been consulted?

His head would explode.

Bit worrying that he's the face of Turkish airlines and theyre going to be sponsoring the chavs from next season, surely they'll throw a loada money at him so that he's running round in a kit with their logo on the front

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.