Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's believed that Levy said to Kane give it one year and you can go. I agree with your points but I am not a fan of people going back on promises that's all.
Gentlemen's agreements are worthless, black and white in a contract is all the counts.

Gentlemen's agreements are worthless, black and white in a contract is all the counts.
I know and it was his fault signing that contract. But there will be mistrust between the two. You would want the player and all members trusting and on board with each other.

What has Kane got to do with anything? He is under contract and was happy to sign a 5 year deal on very good terms, tough sh1t if Levy holds him to it, Levy and Spurs have every right to refuse a transfer.

There is no comparison what so ever.

Same applies to Grealish, players are happy to sign big deals, but when they have a chance of an even bigger one with a transfer they spout all the usual I want medals, I want titles or the old favorite, I want to play in the Champions League.

Loyalty works both ways, players in my experience are greedy bastards who would jump ship purely for money.

Messi had a chance to join us last season but would not force the issue? why? I would guess it was down to money.
He didn't want to take his club to court. He would have been a lunatic to potentially ruin 20 years at the club who nurtured him and made him the superstar he is by dragging them through the mud.
That's why he didn't force the issue.

He didn't want to take his club to court. He would have been a lunatic to potentially ruin 20 years at the club who nurtured him and made him the superstar he is by dragging them through the mud.
That's why he didn't force the issue.
Even though he was desperately unhappy?

If he and his father knew the contract was in their favour (ie entitled to a free) it would never have reached court.

He would not force the issue for money, the private jets his old fella fly's around in are hugely expensive, even for multi millionaires.

I know and it was his fault signing that contract. But there will be mistrust between the two. You would want the player and all members trusting and on board with each other.
Totally agree about mistrust, hence both parties ensure it's written in the contract. Stops a lot of bull shite when it is, on both sides!

Even though he was desperately unhappy?

If he and his father knew the contract was in their favour (ie entitled to a free) it would never have reached court.

He would not force the issue for money, the private jets his old fella fly's around in are hugely expensive, even for multi millionaires.
I don't think he was willing to drag himself and the club through a potential court case.
He made that quite clear.

I don't think he was willing to drag himself and the club through a potential court case.
Hence the reason why I did not want him here.

Does not matter who he is, if your not 101 % committed you are not for us.

Just strikes me a guy who has achieved what he has, earnt more money than he will ever need, does not want to enjoy the last couple of seasons playing in a team that would give him immense pleasure and satisfaction ( and that does not have to be MCFC)

Even now, it all seems down to cold hard cash, sad, but very predictable.

Hence the reason why I did not want him here.

Does not matter who he is, if your not 101 % committed you are not for us.

Just strikes me a guy who has achieved what he has, earnt more money than he will ever need, does not want to enjoy the last couple of seasons playing in a team that would give him immense pleasure and satisfaction ( and that does not have to be MCFC)

Even now, it all seems down to cold hard cash, sad, but very predictable.
Cool. Personally I'd eat my own shit to see him wearing a city shirt but each to their own.

Plus the amount of time it would of taken would all count for nothing. Plus by that time he would then wait till Next year to be a free agent like now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.