Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was unbelievable him having to be involved in stopping Messi. Messi is the only big megastar in LaLiga after Ronaldo left to join Juve.

Desperate stuff from them.

Probably tells us just how bad the financial situation at Barca is…. if the likes of Tebas is contemplating really hard tough decisions.

To add let's not forget the snake that was Bartomeu and Barca was not keeping to their word to Messi.

Really annoys me. Same thing with Levy with Kane.

I think it runs deeper than that… Barca win the auction to sign a player like De Jong but then defer those wages offered because they can’t afford them - at best it’s bad faith at worst it’s fraudulent. But of course UEFA are looking the other way.

Can't argue with that.

Fucking ironic though isn't it.
The guy that stopped Messi leaving last summer when he wanted to, is stopping him supposedly re-signing now that.he allegedly wants to.

Senseless is injured and in last year of contract
Greizmann is worthless as his wages are so high
Unless they are happy to write off £70m fee to save on the wages
They have run themselves into the ground
Good example for the 50 +1 rule everyone is so keen on!!
The 50 + 1 rule, the reason why we should all back the rags supporters in trying to get this here. Ok as long as it's only them implementing it. Can see all the shareholders walking over the bridge now to their boardroom meeting in Ordsall;-)

If the reports about the wage cap are accurate they are in big trouble....

They have just taken on Sergio's and Garcia's wages for starters.

Whom have they got rid of to balance those two for starters before evening thinking of taking Messi back/re signing him (which is essentially what they are doing) and taking on his huge wages...they will have to offload a few more players surely.....And then that comes back to one of Messi's issues about building a squad/investing in the squad as well

The trouble is it's football in Europe, you just know there is a secretary somewhere at Barca just processing the envelopes to "oil" the path that allows certain rules to be null and void in these times . And the biggest envelope will be for Senor Tebas who is only playing hardball to make sure he gets his cut .

If the reports about the wage cap are accurate they are in big trouble....

They have just taken on Sergio's and Garcia's wages for starters.

Whom have they got rid of to balance those two for starters before evening thinking of taking Messi back/re signing him (which is essentially what they are doing) and taking on his huge wages...they will have to offload a few more players surely.....And then that comes back to one of Messi's issues about building a squad/investing in the squad as well

The problem is just swerving a wage cap is a problem in itself but if you can cancel contracts and pay people off - presumably below the line - you can make some progress but 40 per cent is impossible if you are going to hold a competitive squad together. Barca don’t have a pot to piss in so taking any player at random they can’t just cancel the contract and pay up what they owe - because they don’t have the cash. Equally, pretty much the whole of Europe is skint so no one is queuing up to sign their ageing assets - and even if someone did want one of their players - now their financial situation is obvious other clubs will strike a hard bargain with a desperate seller. It does look like for Barca and a few others that the Super League was born out of desperation... and now they are very obviously desperate.

To add let's not forget the snake that was Bartomeu and Barca was not keeping to their word to Messi.

Really annoys me. Same thing with Levy with Kane.
What has Kane got to do with anything? He is under contract and was happy to sign a 5 year deal on very good terms, tough sh1t if Levy holds him to it, Levy and Spurs have every right to refuse a transfer.

There is no comparison what so ever.

Same applies to Grealish, players are happy to sign big deals, but when they have a chance of an even bigger one with a transfer they spout all the usual I want medals, I want titles or the old favorite, I want to play in the Champions League.

Loyalty works both ways, players in my experience are greedy bastards who would jump ship purely for money.

Messi had a chance to join us last season but would not force the issue? why? I would guess it was down to money.

I think it runs deeper than that… Barca win the auction to sign a player like De Jong but then defer those wages offered because they can’t afford them - at best it’s bad faith at worst it’s fraudulent. But of course UEFA are looking the other way.
Mainly us the "bad guys of football that pee in the pool" (something like that) :)

What has Kane got to do with anything? He is under contract and was happy to sign a 5 year deal on very good terms, tough sh1t if Levy holds him to it, Levy and Spurs have every right to refuse a transfer.

There is no comparison what so ever.

Same applies to Grealish, players are happy to sign big deals, but when they have a chance of an even bigger one with a transfer they spout all the usual I want medals, I want titles or the old favorite, I want to play in the Champions League.

Loyalty works both ways, players in my experience are greedy bastards who would jump ship purely for money.
If it's believed that Levy said to Kane give it one year and you can go. I agree with your points but I am not a fan of people going back on promises that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.