Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
to me its the fact that barca still mention messi and regard him as their player still, both on social media and on their website

to the casual fan who doesnt know messis contract expiry date, it would look like as though he still plays for them

also looking at barca who as a club have not even made a statement acknowledging messi is a free agent, it suggests their confidence that they think he will stay
That's called denial and unwilling to accept the situation.

So Barca are off loading player after player yet they've signed 3 players on frees and these players all wanted to sign for Barca for the love of the club?

I'm sure these players agent's knew that Barca are skint, that they are releasing players and that the Messi situation is, for want of a better word, messy.

Like I've alluded to countless times, they've had since January to thrash out a new deal, nothing to do with him being away for the Copa America, a happy Messi would have resigned in a heartbeat, the fact that he hasn't tells you quite a lot.

That's called denial and unwilling to accept the situation.

So Barca are off loading player after player yet they've signed 3 players on frees and these players all wanted to sign for Barca for the love of the club?

I'm sure these players agent's knew that Barca are skint, that they are releasing players and that the Messi situation is, for want of a better word, messy.

Like I've alluded to countless times, they've had since January to thrash out a new deal, nothing to do with him being away for the Copa America, a happy Messi would have resigned in a heartbeat, the fact that he hasn't tells you quite a lot.
Absolutely, I think he’s given them a deadline and I would suspect it’s 12th July

Which is the same exact issue as FFP - it keeps the current top clubs at the top, as they have the biggest income from winning, sponsorship etc.

As a friendly, local, trillionaire, if I want to buy my local corner shop and get it to be bigger than Tesco, I can do. If I want to turn my local team into a CL winner, I'm not allowed to unless it's done organically over about 50 years.

If clubs really want to reduce spending, ban any payments from buying or selling clubs to agents. Say Dortmund get £100m for Haaland, Mino will get about £50m from the two clubs. Far better for football if Dortmund got £120m - it costs the buying club less and the selling club have more to invest in more players or improving their club. Agents work for players, so no idea why clubs ever got dragged into a situation where they need to pay a middle man huge sums.

ah yeah that’s a fair shout maybe if a new Owner buys a club and willing to spend big if that owner puts the money in upfront for player plus will not take anything out the club till he sells up could be a way.. yeah it’s difficult maybe go back to before ffp and don’t have a transfer window let that window be always open..

ah yeah that’s a fair shout maybe if a new Owner buys a club and willing to spend big if that owner puts the money in upfront for player plus will not take anything out the club till he sells up could be a way.. yeah it’s difficult maybe go back to before ffp and don’t have a transfer window let that window be always open..
Still not the thread for this discussion

new update on wage bill reductions, they're really not scared of forcing it through any means necessary

new update on wage bill reductions, they're really not scared of forcing it through any means necessary

wow Barcelona are cunts let all the players go they don’t want get there wage bill down so they can signs Messi then see the rest in court in 6 months!

wow Barcelona are cunts let all the players go they don’t want get there wage bill down so they can signs Messi then see the rest in court in 6 months!
Desperation has set in, time is running out for them and they know it. Without Messi they are in even more of a pickle. This is the last roll of the dice. After this there is know where left to go

Barca’s accountants and consultants must be running on over drive atm trying to shove square pegs instead of numbers .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.