Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm one of these players there's no way I'm doing Barca any favours. Any termination better be to my benefit

If I'm one of these players there's no way I'm doing Barca any favours. Any termination better be to my benefit
Haha can you imagine.

We've agreed to pay you £52 million over 5 seasons. Here's £10 million would you kindly fuck off so we can pay that 34 year old bloke over there a million a week for 2 years.

Erm how about, no.

Wolves have signed Trinaco on loan from barca with an option to buy at the end of the season.
21 years old and played 28 league games and 7 champion's league for them last season.
No idea if he is any good.

If the numbers floated about of 270k a week are right, then who is going to sign Pjanic even on a free at the age of 31? And it would cost them 42m to cancel his contract. They only signed him a year ago. Who the fuck is in charge of their transfers?

They believe they can just get rid of all these players at a massive loss just to reflect a reduction of the wage bill for this season but long term it isn't good. I don't believe this is healthy in the long run or good for Barcelona debt. Laporta playing the short game imo

I think we're seeing a set of problems at Barcelona as one single problem. It seems possible, even likely, that Messi is no longer a problem Barcelona face. The club's long term debt is crippling, it's short term debt is destructive and it's having to flog off players for nothing if necessary to meet its short term liabilities and meet the cap on wages imposed by La Liga. It could well be that Messi no longer has anything to do with the club. He wanted to go, his contract has expired, Barcelona have had to accept, perhaps reluctantly, that he can now sort out his own future and they are just trying to put a positive spin on it. I might be wrong but it seems to me to accord with the facts of the situation, as we can see them, far better at the moment than the "Messi is staying" unsubstantiated beliefs.

I think we're seeing a set of problems at Barcelona as one single problem. It seems possible, even likely, that Messi is no longer a problem Barcelona face. The club's long term debt is crippling, it's short term debt is destructive and it's having to flog off players for nothing if necessary to meet its short term liabilities and meet the cap on wages imposed by La Liga. It could well be that Messi no longer has anything to do with the club. He wanted to go, his contract has expired, Barcelona have had to accept, perhaps reluctantly, that he can now sort out his own future and they are just trying to put a positive spin on it. I might be wrong but it seems to me to accord with the facts of the situation, as we can see them, far better at the moment than the "Messi is staying" unsubstantiated beliefs.
to me its the fact that barca still mention messi and regard him as their player still, both on social media and on their website

to the casual fan who doesnt know messis contract expiry date, it would look like as though he still plays for them

also looking at barca who as a club have not even made a statement acknowledging messi is a free agent, it suggests their confidence that they think he will stay

I think Laporta is more attached to the income Messi brings in rather than Messi himself

to me its the fact that barca still mention messi and regard him as their player still, both on social media and on their website

to the casual fan who doesnt know messis contract expiry date, it would look like as though he still plays for them

also looking at barca who as a club have not even made a statement acknowledging messi is a free agent, it suggests their confidence that they think he will stay
or they're simply continuing to cash in on the fact he hasn't told the world otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.