Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a charity game for ALS, one of Peps former goalkeeper coaches who was part of Peps staff at Barca when he was there was diagnosed with Motor neurone disease last year in June. I’m guessing this has been brought together to raise money for the charity and spread awareness

It's played every year for the last 33, we have participated in it 3 times already they invite teams each august

I expcet Pep offered us as opponents this year because it has been dedicated to Unzue.

So basically here it looks like Messi is forcing his club to get shut of his present teammates for as little payout as possible from the contracts they were given just so he can have an even bigger slice of the cake. Does he really need the money ???

personally i do believe he will re-sign:

one of the factors i look at is how confident barca are of getting it done, theyve said through reliable journos that a deal has been reached and that the reason he hasnt signed is because of how much shit they are in in terms of their wage bill, and i find that if messi does join a different club, it will be for that reason alone, they are unable to clear enough of the wage bill to sign him (people close to messis camp a few months ago stated that messis desire was to continue and theyve been in negotiations since then). if messi does leave and this "barca confidence" turns out to be a fallacy, then i'd be very impressed since their pr has managed to calm the world over thinking that messi will still be in contract with barca for the coming season, which brings me onto my next point

no one is bothered about whats going on here, sky sports arent going crazy about it like last time, other outlets such as talksport etc dont seem to be interested, i find that the consensus is that he will resign and so theres nothing really to cover with it, i mean think about it, the best player in the world or arguably the best the game has ever seen, is out of contract and theres no news outlets pouncing on it at all??? just a few articles from sky sports saying that barca and messi are in advanced negotiations blah blah, to me it just shows that everyone who is actually ITK concerning this believes that this is barcas to lose

now saying all of this, things could change massively if there isnt any major developments in the next few weeks, most notably when argentina finish the copa, whether winning it or getting knocked out, if theres radio silence from messis camp a few days/a week after that, then for me things change, this also goes for barcas outgoings and whether they can lower the wage bill, theyve started to get the ball rolling on it and seem confident enough to manage it
I see you’re still at stage 1

It's played every year for the last 33, we have participated in it 3 times already they invite teams each august

I expcet Pep offered us as opponents this year because it has been dedicated to Unzue.

Found this Article.

“According to the information of journalist Pol Ballus, who originally broke the story on social media on Thursday, there is an 'agreement' in place between FC Barcelona and Manchester City to play the next edition of the season curtain raiser.

Ballus states that there is an intention for both the men's and women's teams of Barcelona and Manchester City to face each other, with the match dedicated to former Barcelona coach, Juan Carlos Unzúe - who was diagnosed with motor neurone disease in June, 2020.

As such, all proceeds generated from the match-up between the Premier League and La Liga heavyweights will be donated to research.”

We’ve got another week of this, at least. Once the Copa America finishes or when Argentina are eliminated, things should escalate quickly.

I think Laporta will have set up that get-out for all before then. I.e the admittance they have done all they can but it just isnt enough, bartomeu's mess is too big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.