Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How though, there doesn’t seem to be any way they can afford it.
Get him to reduce his wages but supplement his salary various bonuses for a couple of season. I don't think Aguero would of signed for them unless he got assurances that Messi is going to stick around

yeah i agree with that, lets see how barca offload their players, since i think that will be one of the deciding factors in all this, i want to believe that messi leaving is possible but i guess weve been so close and its not gone through before that im being really cautious about getting back on the "hype train" per se again
I don't know what Messi will do but if his intention is to stay at the Nou Camp he has a funny way of going about it. When Milner wouldn't renew his contract we came to realise he was going and when Leo refused we saw it was best to sell him. So maybe Barcelona should have sold Messi last summer and should realise now his contract has run out and he's no longer any of their concern? The club has other "existential" problems!

personally i do believe he will re-sign:

one of the factors i look at is how confident barca are of getting it done, theyve said through reliable journos that a deal has been reached and that the reason he hasnt signed is because of how much shit they are in in terms of their wage bill, and i find that if messi does join a different club, it will be for that reason alone, they are unable to clear enough of the wage bill to sign him (people close to messis camp a few months ago stated that messis desire was to continue and theyve been in negotiations since then). if messi does leave and this "barca confidence" turns out to be a fallacy, then i'd be very impressed since their pr has managed to calm the world over thinking that messi will still be in contract with barca for the coming season, which brings me onto my next point

no one is bothered about whats going on here, sky sports arent going crazy about it like last time, other outlets such as talksport etc dont seem to be interested, i find that the consensus is that he will resign and so theres nothing really to cover with it, i mean think about it, the best player in the world or arguably the best the game has ever seen, is out of contract and theres no news outlets pouncing on it at all??? just a few articles from sky sports saying that barca and messi are in advanced negotiations blah blah, to me it just shows that everyone who is actually ITK concerning this believes that this is barcas to lose

now saying all of this, things could change massively if there isnt any major developments in the next few weeks, most notably when argentina finish the copa, whether winning it or getting knocked out, if theres radio silence from messis camp a few days/a week after that, then for me things change, this also goes for barcas outgoings and whether they can lower the wage bill, theyve started to get the ball rolling on it and seem confident enough to manage it

All valid. And could be how it plays out.

But, i put it to you, Barcelona are also confident they played well against psg and could have won

Antonella, Thiago, Mateo and Ciro have decided to stay in Barcelona.
Daddy Leo will be told when he's back home from the playground, overseas.

Barca fans are convinced his new contract is 50% less Salary. And apparently they don't believe he should go further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.