Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally i do believe he will re-sign:

one of the factors i look at is how confident barca are of getting it done, theyve said through reliable journos that a deal has been reached and that the reason he hasnt signed is because of how much shit they are in in terms of their wage bill, and i find that if messi does join a different club, it will be for that reason alone, they are unable to clear enough of the wage bill to sign him (people close to messis camp a few months ago stated that messis desire was to continue and theyve been in negotiations since then). if messi does leave and this "barca confidence" turns out to be a fallacy, then i'd be very impressed since their pr has managed to calm the world over thinking that messi will still be in contract with barca for the coming season, which brings me onto my next point

no one is bothered about whats going on here, sky sports arent going crazy about it like last time, other outlets such as talksport etc dont seem to be interested, i find that the consensus is that he will resign and so theres nothing really to cover with it, i mean think about it, the best player in the world or arguably the best the game has ever seen, is out of contract and theres no news outlets pouncing on it at all??? just a few articles from sky sports saying that barca and messi are in advanced negotiations blah blah, to me it just shows that everyone who is actually ITK concerning this believes that this is barcas to lose

now saying all of this, things could change massively if there isnt any major developments in the next few weeks, most notably when argentina finish the copa, whether winning it or getting knocked out, if theres radio silence from messis camp a few days/a week after that, then for me things change, this also goes for barcas outgoings and whether they can lower the wage bill, theyve started to get the ball rolling on it and seem confident enough to manage it
Bless you Dan. Hope you get your wish.

I can’t see it myself, but at the same time the way things are going it will be Messi and 10 random‘s they can afford. I don’t say that disparagingly bearing in mind one of those random’s is our very own Kun. I mean that if you are basing your team on what you can afford, I.e. Messi plus 10, it’s hardly the best basis for picking a squad. Conceivable they finish 4th or 5th in La Liga next season assuming they can fulfill their fixtures.

Amazed Sky aren’t putting out some decent content on the state of football finances. What happened to journalism?

Bless you Dan. Hope you get your wish.

I can’t see it myself, but at the same time the way things are going it will be Messi and 10 random‘s they can afford. I don’t say that disparagingly bearing in mind one of those random’s is our very own Kun. I mean that if you are basing your team on what you can afford, I.e. Messi plus 10, it’s hardly the best basis for picking a squad. Conceivable they finish 4th or 5th in La Liga next season assuming they can fulfill their fixtures.

Amazed Sky aren’t putting out some decent content on the state of football finances. What happened to journalism?
i hope barca dont manage to get their wage bill together but something tells me they will do it sadly

personally i do believe he will re-sign:

one of the factors i look at is how confident barca are of getting it done, theyve said through reliable journos that a deal has been reached and that the reason he hasnt signed is because of how much shit they are in in terms of their wage bill, and i find that if messi does join a different club, it will be for that reason alone, they are unable to clear enough of the wage bill to sign him (people close to messis camp a few months ago stated that messis desire was to continue and theyve been in negotiations since then). if messi does leave and this "barca confidence" turns out to be a fallacy, then i'd be very impressed since their pr has managed to calm the world over thinking that messi will still be in contract with barca for the coming season, which brings me onto my next point

no one is bothered about whats going on here, sky sports arent going crazy about it like last time, other outlets such as talksport etc dont seem to be interested, i find that the consensus is that he will resign and so theres nothing really to cover with it, i mean think about it, the best player in the world or arguably the best the game has ever seen, is out of contract and theres no news outlets pouncing on it at all??? just a few articles from sky sports saying that barca and messi are in advanced negotiations blah blah, to me it just shows that everyone who is actually ITK concerning this believes that this is barcas to lose

now saying all of this, things could change massively if there isnt any major developments in the next few weeks, most notably when argentina finish the copa, whether winning it or getting knocked out, if theres radio silence from messis camp a few days/a week after that, then for me things change, this also goes for barcas outgoings and whether they can lower the wage bill, theyve started to get the ball rolling on it and seem confident enough to manage it
I find what you are saying is surprising in the extreme. That this has dragged on since last summer and that Messi's contract has now expired seems to me to be a factor which would lead to confidence draining away rather than the reverse. Nor would I feel reassured by the "fact" that a deal has only been delayed by the financial problems at the club and their difficulties in meeting the reductions imposed on their wage bill. Barcelona are up to their ears in debt some of which has to be paid now, they are trying to get rid of any player on sky high wages they can while bringing in players to replace them and the player they are "confident" of reaching agreement on a new contract just happens to be the best paid sportsman in the world. So Barcelona are confident agreement has been reached but there is no contract (though they've been telling the world that one is imminent for months) no announcement and the "shit" they're in in terms of their wage bill is getting no easier. On might doubt Barcelona are anywhere near as confident as they say and Messi may want to re-sign but won't sign on for a bankrupt shambles. And Sky et al won't be interested in a non-story: Messi runs his contract down (story), Barca are in financial meltdown (story), Messi does nothing (non-story), Copa America ends and Messi decides his future (likely story).

So basically here it looks like Messi is forcing his club to get shut of his present teammates for as little payout as possible from the contracts they were given just so he can have an even bigger slice of the cake. Does he really need the money ???
It's Messi we're talking about, not Macchiavelli.

I find what you are saying is surprising in the extreme. That this has dragged on since last summer and that Messi's contract has now expired seems to me to be a factor which would lead to confidence draining away rather than the reverse. Nor would I feel reassured by the "fact" that a deal has only been delayed by the financial problems at the club and their difficulties in meeting the reductions imposed on their wage bill. Barcelona are up to their ears in debt some of which has to be paid now, they are trying to get rid of any player on sky high wages they can while bringing in players to replace them and the player they are "confident" of reaching agreement on a new contract just happens to be the best paid sportsman in the world. So Barcelona are confident agreement has been reached but there is no contract (though they've been telling the world that one is imminent for months) no announcement and the "shit" they're in in terms of their wage bill is getting no easier. On might doubt Barcelona are anywhere near as confident as they say and Messi may want to re-sign but won't sign on for a bankrupt shambles. And Sky et al won't be interested in a non-story: Messi runs his contract down (story), Barca are in financial meltdown (story), Messi does nothing (non-story), Copa America ends and Messi decides his future (likely story).
yeah i agree with that, lets see how barca offload their players, since i think that will be one of the deciding factors in all this, i want to believe that messi leaving is possible but i guess weve been so close and its not gone through before that im being really cautious about getting back on the "hype train" per se again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.