Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody else feel these news are getting a bit condescending on City. FWIW I know these news are bullshit but the news last few weeks of us just handing over our squad to the scums at Barca and getting their rejects in return is too much.

Pep should give a call to his best pal Laporta and tell him to stop messing around with City through the spanish media or daily star or whatever scummy news channels they could get their tentacles inside.
The media must know we got all our ducks in a row.

When we start getting the negative and ridiculous stories then you know we've got something brewing.

Keep a look out ;)

A considerable number of posters still have great difficulty in believing, or cannot believe or simply refuse to believe that Messi can or will leave Barcelona. Others are sure Tebas and la liga will engineer a way to deal with Barcelona's financial problems so that Messi can remain at the club. It is time to open up minds, shake off these rehearsed responses and consider the very real possibility that Messi's future is not at the Nou Camp. Consider for a moment that Messi no longer wishes to play for them and thus any tricks Tebas, Laporta or anyone else dreams up to show that Barca are awash with money are likely to have no impact on the situation. It is entirely possible that Messi's transfer request last summer was, as he himself said at the time, the result of some years of frustration and dissatisfaction, that the club were aware of his discontent and yet had (and still have not) done nothing to help change his attitude. Millions have been spent on team rebuilding but the only player Messi valued was hounded out of the club last summer - and promptly won the title with Atleti, while Barca finished third. His resolution remained firm and he is no longer a Barca player. That's the situation: Messi meant what he said last summer and he still means it. There seems little evidence of a player so deep in the Barcelona way that he will not, and cannot leave the club he has already severed his ties with. And there's little sign Tebas can do anything about it even if he wanted. And it doesn't matter how much Messi is worth to la liga if he decides his days in Spain are at an end.
Right, but if Messi really wants to leave Barca, why has he not signed up somewhere else by now? He is a free man, there are takers. I can only see this as evidence that he actually does not want to leave Barca.

Right, but if Messi really wants to leave Barca, why has he not signed up somewhere else by now? He is a free man, there are takers. I can only see this as evidence that he actually does not want to leave Barca.
Because his contract exspired at the start of copa america and now hes in the final.So any big move will happen when its over i imagine.

Why has he already left then? He is no longer contracted to the club and there are difficulties which make a new contract exceptionally difficult. This does not seem to be the action of a player determined to remain - or even one who is considering remaining.

You could just as easily turn that round. If he really wants to stay at Barca why has he let his contract with them expire? Most likely the reality is that he would ideally stay at Barca all things being equal but they aren't equal because they can't afford to pay him and can't provide him with a team around him that can be successful in the last few years of his career. He has a lot to consider.

The silence from Messi's camp is interesting to say the least - my best guess (for what it's worth) is that Messi probably wants to re-sign for Barca but if they can't sort their numbers out (ha good luck with that) then he's going to have to go elsewhere or retire.

I honestly don't have a problem with him rocking up at City knowing full well he wanted to stay at Barca but couldn't - as long as he turns on the magic, entertains and scores goals then how he turned up here is irrelevent... I know a lot of posters won't agree but Messi will always be "Mr Barca" - a bit like when Lampard rocked up here - he was a Chelsea legend and I was ok with that (and the Messi / Barca link is a lot stronger).

City are in a great position here to be fair - no real NEED for Messi but if he wants to come then he can... if not then fair enough.

Messi:

1. Copa
2. Waiting for the final loyalty payment to be made from last contract (key point this).
3. Waiting to see what the Barca offer really is.

No knee jerk reaction, for what will be his last major contract - he wants to be a winner on the pitch still and that, alongside financials will be concerning him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.