Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much attention is being paid to Laporta and Barcelona and too little to Messi. It is assumed he won't leave the club and it's just a question of the club being able to finance a new contract. In fact, the club has lost all control of the situation so there can be no more threats of legal action or 700 million euro fees. Messi now controls affairs. I can't read his mind or know his intentions any more than those convinced he wants to stay at Barcelona but what I am about to put forward is a perfectly plausible interpretation of what Messi's view may be.

Messi is a professional footballer and beyond that he is the best player in the world today. He knows very well how much money is in the game, he knows what kind of contract he was on at Barcelona and he knows what he's worth. He knows full well the difficulties of Barcelona's finances and the sacrifices the club will have to make to offer him any deal anything like what he is worth. Like anyone in any other walk of life Messi will have no intention of sacrificing himself for Barca's sake while poorer players all over Europe make the real money, especially to carry the can for a team whose other lesser talents have been flogged off to pay him less than he's worth.

It's going to be hard to come with any deal that keeps Messi at Barca and is most probably not possible.

Too much attention is being paid to Laporta and Barcelona and too little to Messi. It is assumed he won't leave the club and it's just a question of the club being able to finance a new contract. In fact, the club has lost all control of the situation so there can be no more threats of legal action or 700 million euro fees. Messi now controls affairs. I can't read his mind or know his intentions any more than those convinced he wants to stay at Barcelona but what I am about to put forward is a perfectly plausible interpretation of what Messi's view may be.

Messi is a professional footballer and beyond that he is the best player in the world today. He knows very well how much money is in the game, he knows what kind of contract he was on at Barcelona and he knows what he's worth. He knows full well the difficulties of Barcelona's finances and the sacrifices the club will have to make to offer him any deal anything like what he is worth. Like anyone in any other walk of life Messi will have no intention of sacrificing himself for Barca's sake while poorer players all over Europe make the real money, especially to carry the can for a team whose other lesser talents have been flogged off to pay him less than he's worth.

It's going to be hard to come with any deal that keeps Messi at Barca and is most probably not possible.
Spot on blue.

I do wish you'd stop talking so much sense. It's dampening the insanity within this thread.

I'm not sure he's truly 100% behind Barca after the tax thing. He's also a certain age and must feel anxious about winning more trophies.

All well and good but like everyone else who chooses to do this on this forum for some weird reason, you are completely omitting the fact that he simply loves barca with all his heart?

How do you write an entire paragraph of analysis and just completely ignores that fact? baffling.. Man has been playing there since he was a child. Man doesn't speak english. He got trophies and personal trophies playing for them. How on earth do you just assume it's all a business decision for him? The reports that came out even said that he wouldn't even be the top paid player at barca if he were to renew - he would give up nearly 50% of his salary!

is it just a self persuasion thing that people here just choose to ignore this simple fact? they just decide for him that "he's hungry for more trophies" and "doesn't wanna sacrifice himself" like it's bloody football manager!

Last edited:
All well and good but like everyone else who chooses to do this on this forum for some weird reason, you are completely omitting the fact that he simply loves barca with all his heart?

How do you write an entire paragraph of analysis and just completely ignores that fact? baffling.. Man has been playing there since he was a child. Man doesn't speak english. He got trophies and personal trophies playing for them. How on earth do you just assume it's all a business decision for him? The reports that came out even said that he wouldn't even be the top paid player at barca if he were to renew - he would give up nearly 50% of his salary!

is it just a self persuasion thing that people here just choose to ignore this simple fact? they just decide for him that "he's hungry for more trophies" and "doesn't wanna sacrifice himself" like it's bloody football manager!

"What Messi's view may be".

Read before you go steaming in mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.