Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday TH. Hope you have and have had a good one.

On Keane, at least you didn’t have to see him every time he came to Bede’s to pick up his kid. Which would always be followed by all the rag supporting lads losing composure even though they saw him more often than not.
Try living next door to the twat for 2 years, man he got some abuse from my window when walking past.. he probably remembered our kid after I threatened to kidnap his pooch (:

I get the impression that Tebas desperately wants us to sign him.

Firstly he isn't going to bend the rules for Barcelona. Not only is he a very partisan Madrid fan, he gets his power from the other 17 clubs in Spain and they would revolt if he let Barca off the hook because they deal with this wage cap every year, and it has a very real impact on them.

Secondly he's just sold the long term overseas TV rights in the UK and US and Asia, so he's got their money tied down for the next 5 years regardless of when in those 5 years Messi leaves. He's going sooner rather than later, more time for the next group of La Liga stars to emerge will be better than trying to sell the rights again just after he leaves.

Thirdly, I think he'd love to paint it as evil oil money state steals beloved 1 club player and carry on his campaign against Qatar and Abu Dhabi's involvement in the sport. That's what he was doing yesterday when he claimed it would be impossible for us to sign him without "financial doping".

I’m not sure why we’d want Messi when he clearly wants to be at Barca and the only scenario that’s sees him come to us, is if if Barca can’t afford him. If Messi really wanted City great but this scenario sees us as a second option…. not sure that sits well with me.
It was quite clear at the time that David Silva wanted to stay at Valencia back in 2010 and that he only came to City because Valencia had to sell him for financial reasons. He stayed for ten years, is one of our greatest ever ... and I suppose that sits well with you!

Good video for anyone still curious about the mess Barca are in. I recommend watching but if you can’t be bothered the guess is that Messi either stays but with around a 90% salary reduction which will also apply to his charity work and foundation or he leaves.

I know some posters are 100% certain Messi is staying but….

1. 100% is a bold claim either way. What is it based on? 100% suggests you would be happy to bet everything on the outcome as you know the result in advance. How much have you then bet on him staying/going?

2. Are you sure you understand the situation?

A 90% pay cut from a 100 million a year. Jesus.
If think he probably has 2-3 years at the absolute top, that's the guts of 200-300 million he is missing out on.

Try living next door to the twat for 2 years, man he got some abuse from my window when walking past.. he probably remembered our kid after I threatened to kidnap his pooch (:
Hahaha. Oh my! Who would’ve thought a ‘tough as nails’ character would own a pooch?

I found it interesting that Dermot what's-his-name thought PSG the only possible destination for Messi. This seems unlikely to me with their own salary bill and their problems with the collapse of the French TV deal. I'd love to see our fat fascist's little round face if he forced Barca to let Messi go because of financial regulation in Spain and then saw PSG allowed to drive a coach and horses through UEFA's.

A 90% pay cut from a 100 million a year. Jesus.
If think he probably has 2-3 years at the absolute top, that's the guts of 200-300 million he is missing out on.

That guy makes quite a few mistakes which make me weary of the piece.

For example, he should know that Messi's salary is €60m and the other 40 came from image rights and bonuses. The image rights is not something you can take away, because it's Messi's % of money the club is bringin in off his image. So you'd need to stop marketing him to lower that amount.

Also Griezmann is earning 30m, Dembele 12, Umtiti 12, Roberto 10, Coutinho 24. So if Messi took a 90% paycut he wouldn't even be close to being the highest paid player in the side.

That guy makes quite a few mistakes which make me weary of the piece.

For example, he should know that Messi's salary is €60m and the other 40 came from image rights and bonuses.

Also Griezmann is earning 30m, Dembele 12, Umtiti 12, Roberto 10, Coutinho 24. So if Messi took a 90% paycut he wouldn't even be close to being the highest paid player in the side.
Ah I see.

Tbh I am still unsure what the fuck Messi earns. Between image rights and signing on fees (100 million for signing a new contract) the figure's vary from 1-2 million a week. The piece in Marca a while back has never really been contradicted has it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.