Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading a bit about this yesterday and basically he's taken a 50% pay cut but is still going to get £350,000 basic a week for the next 5 years guaranteed. That's still nearly £17M a year without bonuses so that's £85M over the course of the contract.

And even if he retires during that time he still gets it as he'll be moved to an ambassador role

How the fuck can Barcelona afford that?

Yes.

As soon as they finalise the financials.
The financial finalised may still be tricky. So, Barca need to clear out salaries of £246m in season 21/22 (around £5m a week). Then they have to add on Aguero, Garcia, Emerson and Messi himself. They are still in a massive pickle and Messi 'agreeing' to a deal means sweet fa.

Reading a bit about this yesterday and basically he's taken a 50% pay cut but is still going to get £350,000 basic a week for the next 5 years guaranteed. That's still nearly £17M a year without bonuses so that's £85M over the course of the contract.

And even if he retires during that time he still gets it as he'll be moved to an ambassador role

Total and utter desperation

I dont think Barca can afford not to have him, I bet a lot of their sponsors have "Messi clauses" that rely on him being there. Messi goes and they are probably even worse off.

fuck the rules if barcelona are getting away with sort of shit ?
dirty fucking world of football and dare anybody taking them on
Certainly sets some sort of precedent. Let's hope others fall into the same black hole of debt.

Knowing the way our owner looks at financial matters would he really countenance that as investment?

I said it from the start, I`m so glad we wont get Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.