Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said we couldn't afford not to sign him but that the move would pay for itself. He didn't want to come. Nothing to do with the financial case. Barca are probably desperate to sign him because of the money they would lose if he didn't sign.

My information was well-sourced and confirmed by a second source. So stop being a clever dick who isn't being clever. Which leaves you with....well I'll let you work that one out.

Call me a dick all you like, PB. There’s a handful of posters who act as if their word carries more weight than all others. Maybe it’s their imagined ITK status or maybe they see themselves as strategic thinkers patrolling a sea of plankton eaters. Despite rarely - if ever - pulling out a proverbial plum, their revisionist dexterity and unabashed hubris ensure a rapt audience. They were all over Messi like a rash, calling others small timers. Strange how quickly their sources evaporate.

On a side note seems he is going to win the Ballon d’Or again. Not sure about that.

@domalino - I recall you saying a few weeks ago that Lewandowski would win it and it was more or less done. Not the case it would seem.

Yeah to be honest I didnt give Argentina a chance of winning the Copa, I guess I overestimated Brazil at home a lot.

Its actually quite incredible how we have had two footballers, for such a long period, both at the pinnacle of the game and some distance above their peers. But for me it will always be Messi.
Good point tho, Ronaldo did it in three of the tope four leagues in Europe. Messi only in La liga. i guess when you arr that good, you earn huge ammounts and importantly you surround yourself with people who just heap praise on you, the desire to go to another league isnt there?

Call me a dick all you like, PB. There’s a handful of posters who act as if their word carries more weight than all others. Maybe it’s their imagined ITK status or maybe they see themselves as strategic thinkers patrolling a sea of plankton eaters. Despite rarely - if ever - pulling out a proverbial plum, their revisionist dexterity and unabashed hubris ensure a rapt audience. They were all over Messi like a rash, calling others small timers. Strange how quickly their sources evaporate.
I'm not sure what point you're trying to prove. Do you accept we've been trying to tempt him?

Good point tho, Ronaldo did it in three of the tope four leagues in Europe. Messi only in La liga. i guess when you arr that good, you earn huge ammounts and importantly you surround yourself with people who just heap praise on you, the desire to go to another league isnt there?
Should never be a stick to beat a player with. Loyalty

Man alive......hubris, revisionist, rapt, plankton, strategic...all in one post.

Get in lad, that's quite some going.

To be honest although Ronaldo, IMO, opinion is far above his peers I would say Messi is far above him also.

Ronaldo’s goalscoring stats are incredible, but Messi matches that and is also one of the best passers, dribblers the game has ever seen.

To me it is not a contest and Messi wins everytime.

To be honest although Ronaldo, IMO, opinion is far above his peers I would say Messi is far above him also.

Ronaldo’s goalscoring stats are incredible, but Messi matches that and is also one of the best passers, dribblers the game has ever seen.

To me it is not a contest and Messi wins everytime.
Messi has done it in Spain… As much as I hate him, Ronaldo has done it in England, Spain, Italy. I love Messi, by far he’s the most mesmerising to watch with his style of play but Ronaldo is gifted and probably more of an all round player in my opinion. It’s an argument that’ll never result in a winner though sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.