Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see Messie cutting it in the prem under anyone other then Pep and anywhere other then City .. he would be sloged to death at Chelsea , Pep could get a tune out of him as he could pick and choose when to play him but couldn’t see Chelsea paying him a fortune and not wanting him to play most games. If he goes Chelsea I’d expect him to have a mussel problem January to March and recouping in a warmer climate.

Ah yes, diarrhetic shellfish poisoning. Very nasty.

Damn ... too slow.

Jack is here for 6 years plus. It has nothing to do with signing Messi. If anything it would be kane who would lose out if anything.
Messi's wages would probably be around the same as those two combined. I can't see how we could afford Messi unless we didn't sign either of them.

You keep repeating this despite the fact it's completely made up nonsense.

These rules have been in place since 2013.

During which time La Liga has seen

Bale - new world record fee
Dembele - €140m
Coutinho - €165m
Griezmann - €125m
Hazard - €150m
Felix - €120m

I don't know where you've gotten the idea that the La Liga financial caps stops clubs spending but it simply is not true.
'repeating' = said once

It's a salary cap, so the fees paid are meaningless, it's the salaries that are the issue. La Liga wants to reduce the proportion that can be spent by a club based on their income, hence Barca's issues this summer (based on years of ridiculous salaries). If they don't find a way to resolve that, Barca and presumably Madrids and others are not going to be able to compete with other leagues. So when Mbappe is on a free next summer, he's less likely to end up in Spain.

I just don't see that happening, they're pissed about the PL as it is and the more stars who start appearing elsewhere the more difficult it becomes for La Liga to attract money and if incomes drop, wages will need to drop further.

Hence why I still reckon this gets sorted through some playing about with numbers and Messi stays. Am I right, literally no idea, it's an opinion and we should find out in the next month or so

'repeating' = said once

It's a salary cap, so the fees paid are meaningless, it's the salaries that are the issue. La Liga wants to reduce the proportion that can be spent by a club based on their income, hence Barca's issues this summer (based on years of ridiculous salaries). If they don't find a way to resolve that, Barca and presumably Madrids and others are not going to be able to compete with other leagues. So when Mbappe is on a free next summer, he's less likely to end up in Spain.

I just don't see that happening, they're pissed about the PL as it is and the more stars who start appearing elsewhere the more difficult it becomes for La Liga to attract money and if incomes drop, wages will need to drop further.

Hence why I still reckon this gets sorted through some playing about with numbers and Messi stays. Am I right, literally no idea, it's an opinion and we should find out in the next month or so

Its a salary cap based on the previous years revenue.

as soon as their revenue returns to pre-covid levels, they will be able to have €500m wage bills again.

La Liga doesn't want to reduce anything. These rules have been in place for nearly 10 years and have been very successful at managing the finances of the clubs.

If you're going to try and lecture people at least know something about the topic.

I can't see la liga folding on this, tebag has boxed himself into a corner over FFP and his comments about us and PSG so cannot be seen to give his 2 main clubs a handout.

Add in to the mix both Real and Barca aren't playing ball with his deal with CVC it is actually his chance to put them back down after years of out of control spending

Even with Messi I don't think the la liga rights are worth much as at best it is usually a 3 horse race but usually 2

Reactions: Pam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.