Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a company was paying me as much as he was being paid and been there 20ish years I might not want to leave, 2020 he did at least hand in a Burofax but gave up the fight as didn't want it dragging into court, but this is now a different prospect and for the moment he's already left barca, (I wonder how much they regret not releasing him last summer)
Totally agree but he , Messi clearly did not want to leave, and after watching Laporta earlier, it looks very much that Barca did want him out, the deal they offered him was crazy, however good he is.

They could have banked 50m easily last summer and probably got out of a considerably loyalty bonuses to the player, madness in their financial situation.

Well Dembele was basically the next BEST WINGER in the World so obv he would get some money. Coutinho also made sense since Messi was the only one who was creative on the field and Coutinho‘s playstyle comes close to Iniestas. Griezmann was absolutely nonsense and imo the reason for all those problems. Signing someone who plays the position as your best player to put him in a position where he is just some average player makes no fuxkin sense.

at least they got Fati and Pedri. One of those gettin #10 probably too.

When you include the transfer fees and the wages i've never seen anything like it, all whilst paying Messi and increasing his wage year on year.

I'd LOVE Messi at City. It's a shame that there's a tiny minority of absolute freaks who seem to think there's something wrong with wanting one of the greatest players ever at the club. You see it in this thread almost weekly. There's at least one clown giving it "he's never coming FFS close the thread".
The greatest ever

Interesting that Pep said we signed Grealish because we were committed to him but in the same sentence said we were convinced Messi was staying at Barcelona.

It makes you think we wouldn't have signed Grealish if we knew Leo was going to be available. He looked a bit gutted when he said it too. Now that could just be down to the fact that the greatest player of all time is leaving the club he supports or it could be because we've just added another 200k to the wage bill which has effectively made it impossible to sign Messi.

I'm not saying Pep doesn't want Grealish because he clearly does but I can't believe that everyone at the club aren't kicking themselves that they didn't know the news about Messi's departure sooner.

All of this is irrelevant now anyway because we can't afford him. Grealish is already done and Kane is too far down the line, there's no way we're going to pull out of that deal now.

I don't mean any of this to sound like I'm underwhelmed at the prospect of signing Grealish and Kane because that would be incredibly spoilt, they are two very good acquisitions. It's just the thought that the ultimate dream of signing Messi could actually have happened this time if we had known he was leaving just a couple of months earlier.
Jack is here for 6 years plus. It has nothing to do with signing Messi. If anything it would be kane who would lose out if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.