Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t say no in the embargo conference, anything can happen.

PSG seem to be moving fast though so don’t have time to reflect.
Too fast. Almost like the Barcelona 'announcement' was already known and was merely a ploy to appease fans i.e. Barca/Messi 'wanted' to stay but the blame is on FFP/La Liga

If this PSG news is correct, it all makes perfect sense why City are/weren't interested, & why Barca didn't re-sign Messi. There's absolutely no way a deal of this magnitude was concocted within 24 hours.

Yesterday was all about damage limitation & reputation protection from Barca & Messi. Evidently both parties wanted to move on, but neither wanted to be blamed for the parting of the ways. Tebas provided the ideal opportunity to install a stool pigeon to take the flak.

If I had to make a call, it's that only PSG were willing to match Messi's astronomical wages. That being the case, I wish him & PSG all the very best.

Back to City. We've got 3-4 players who want to leave. Hopefully clubs will come in soon & match our valuations so they can move on, & we get the money in the bank & source their replacements. A place in our first team should be won on merit, not because an individual believes he's entitled to a spot, regardless if there's someone playing better.

Fuck it. Time to move on & move up. #KeepItMovin

If this PSG news is correct, it all makes perfect sense why City are/weren't interested, & why Barca didn't re-sign Messi. There's absolutely no way a deal of this magnitude was concocted within 24 hours.

Yesterday was all about damage limitation & reputation protection from Barca & Messi. Evidently both parties wanted to move on, but neither wanted to be blamed for the parting of the ways. Tebas provided the ideal opportunity to install a stool pigeon to take the flak.

If I had to make a call, it's that only PSG were willing to match Messi's astronomical wages. That being the case, I wish him & PSG all the very best.

Back to City. We've got 3-4 players who want to leave. Hopefully clubs will come in soon & match our valuations so they can move on, & we get the money in the bank & source their replacements. A place in our first team should be won on merit, not because an individual believes he's entitled to a spot, regardless if there's someone playing better.

Fuck it. Time to move on & move up. #KeepItMovin
Have I missed something about 4 players leaving!

I'm sure UEFA will be fine tooth combing their finances by 6am tomorrow morning.
That's a proper scandal if they can put him on that wage when everyone is suffering financially through covid.
That's over half a mil a week he's on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.