Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing this proves is that Messi is after one thing, money. He has used City twice for financial gain to seek out a new and improved contract with Barcelona, and now within 48hrs of Barcelona confirming he will leave as they can’t afford him, off he goes to PSG who will have offered him the highest wages imaginable. On one hand I say fair play to him, on the other, if he really did want to unite with Pep again I’m sure there was an option on the table which he has refused. TBH, the French league will suit him as a player. I’ve said for 18 months the Premier League was a huge step up for him and one that could have proven too much.
Whole lot of assumptions there mate.

What's Fifa22?

You on about the world cup in Qatar, surley you will pick your home country.

Not sure what the fuck that has to do with messi going to france
No I am saying how good psg attacking like will be that I’m fifa22 a video game everyone will play with them. Nvm lol

I wasn't referencing anything in particular was just an example. Those signings would get a wage regardless of whether a fee was paid or not. Assuming they pay them more in lieu of a transfer fee, every 100k a week over what they would have paid anyway is the equivalent of £5 million in transfer fees, then multipled by their contract length. Point being, giving them big wages isn't going to be a major issue when they're not spending on transfer fees.

We've just committed to spend £160 million over 6 years on Grealish, this is by no means exact, they won't all earn the same, we've no idea about additional fees on either side, contracts lengths are different etc etc but purely for argument sakes, PSG would have to have donnarumma, wijnaldum and ramos on about 300k per week each to spend (very roughly) a similar amount on 3 players.

I'm excluding Messi from all of this because his wages are largely irrelevant as he pays for himself.

I'm not denying their wage bill will be eyewateringly big but I don't see why so many are quick to claim they can't afford it. They have a lot of money, they earn a lot of money and spend a lot of money.

Just throwing out random unfounded accusations about them failing ffp is doing exactly what every clueless fan of other clubs says about us with their city bingo lines. We don't need to be doing the same with other clubs.
It really isn't unfounded though is it? They've been investigated before. As I said, time will tell.

Deluded? Maybe I am, Maybe I'm going too old school!
In my mind, My parents who have done everything for me looked after me since day one, Roof over my head, Food and water whenever I need it along with everything that goes with it these people have given me everything, I get a job with mega money and I am sorted! I black mail them not once but twice to stay at their home if given a pay rise. All of a sudden these people who have taken care of me all my life are struggling financially are about to lose it all...What do I do?

Help the people who have made me a big part of who I am today.

OR

Leave them to struggle and join another family who has even more money than what I do.

That's Messi in my eyes. Or maybe I'm a total freak thinking this.
End of the day it’s a business and a job. Comparing them to your parents is idk the word for it but it’s completely different. If Barcelona could screw messi over and somehow get 1billion cash or something don’t think 2secones they won’t. Just giving an example, as your own parents I highly they would. Well maybe for 1billiom but I hope you get what I am saying. It’s a business and a job nothing more

End of the day it’s a business and a job. Comparing them to your parents is idk the word for it but it’s completely different. If Barcelona could screw messi over and somehow get 1billion cash or something don’t think 2secones they won’t. Just giving an example, as your own parents I highly they would. Well maybe for 1billiom but I hope you get what I am saying. It’s a business and a job nothing more
I completely understand your point of view, Clubs can f*ck over players and l vise versa, It is a business and clubs/players do what they have to do and that's the way it is.
Suppose this is the good points of forums and peoples opinions.

We went for him in 2016, that's 5 years not 10.

The twat used us twice, flirting with us to pressure barca to concede to his demands.

Would have been nice to have him here even for two seasons at his age, but I won't lose sleep over not signing the ****.
Yep I always thought he bottled it coming to us, especially the second time by hiding behind his wife's skirt but no he mugged off one of his best friend's in Pep, numerous City officials & took the piss in general while ruining Barca or certainly helping them ruin themselves.

Yes he's a brilliant footballer still but he's also to use a Brummy line a snake.

We're much better off without him and his fucking bigger than the club roadshow sucking millions out of us.

Can't believe tracked him all last summer tried to entice him here even contemplating paying a huge transfer fee to sweeten deal with Barca but now he's on a free agent we're just letting him slip through our hands.

Yep I always thought he bottled it coming to us, especially the second time by hiding behind his wife's skirt but no he mugged off one of his best friend's in Pep, numerous City officials & took the piss in general while ruining Barca or certainly helping them ruin themselves.

Yes he's a brilliant footballer still but he's also to use a Brummy line a snake.

We're much better off without him and his fucking bigger than the club roadshow sucking millions out of us.
It’s almost as if you have zero pulse on what happened last year. He wanted out. He came to us. Barcelona simply said you either take us to court or you’re staying here. I guess he’s a baby for not wanting to take his boyhood club to court to force a move? I think both times he legitimately wanted to come here. Forces far beyond his control prevented that.

I don't think it was Messi turning us down last time, I think it was more like the old Barca president would not let him go. I know I have no personal knowledge of the situation, but I think with the way it was going with the old regime at Barca, he would have come last time.

Clearly the change in hierarchy changed his mindset, and he would have stayed this season, and maybe that may still happen, because it is clear that all of these statements are trying to put pressure on Tebas to bend every rule to make it happen.

I think the talk of his next destination is exactly that, talk. He will wait around and see how things play out at Barca, before making his decision. There are limited options out there, and maybe we have now taken our offer off of the table, not wanting to get involved in another sh*t fight again this year.

I don't get this 'Messi pays for himself'. This is the issue with having a Superstar when you're not winning everything in sight. The extra Messi brings in commercial revenue, probably goes straight into his wage packet, so there's no financial gain for Barca.

Well evidently there isn't. He's been with them for over 20 years, & now they're flat broke by all accounts. Even with Messi there, it's not helped them out of their financial hole.

A club needs their Superstars to help win trophies, not just sell more football shirts in the Far East.
Barca being skint doesn't mean Messi hasn't been a cash machine for them. reports suggest messi was responsible for about 30% of Barcelonas entire revenue. He brought in literally hundreds of millions more for Barcelona over his career than he's earned from them. He not only pays for himself he pays for half the squad too. It's not his fault barca made that much and still squandered it all.
It really isn't unfounded though is it? They've been investigated before. As I said, time will tell.
And so have we. Its no different from the villa fans rattling on about ffp with us this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.