Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barca being skint doesn't mean Messi hasn't been a cash machine for them. reports suggest messi was responsible for about 30% of Barcelonas entire revenue. He brought in literally hundreds of millions more for Barcelona over his career than he's earned from them. He not only pays for himself he pays for half the squad too. It's not his fault barca made that much and still squandered it all.

And so have we. Its no different from the villa fans rattling on about ffp with us this week
Mate, let's be realistic here. PSG have less revenue yet a higher wage bill (which has been/is going to be incressed by 50%) than City.

We were hammered by everyone in the football world and were investigated by UEFA, all the while doing a fantastic job of trying to live within our means and comply.

Do you honestly believe PSG aren't going to face the same scrutiny? There is no way UEFA aren't going to ask questions about a 50% increase on a wage bill.

And whether PSG can 'afford it' becomes irrelevent. Maybe they can, maybe they can't, but it won't stop an FFP circus for them again.

I don't get this 'Messi pays for himself'. This is the issue with having a Superstar when you're not winning everything in sight. The extra Messi brings in commercial revenue, probably goes straight into his wage packet, so there's no financial gain for Barca.

Well evidently there isn't. He's been with them for over 20 years, & now they're flat broke by all accounts. Even with Messi there, it's not helped them out of their financial hole.

A club needs their Superstars to help win trophies, not just sell more football shirts in the Far East.
Another issue is when you get numerous sponsors to fund the deal, do those same sponsors start dictating how many games he plays and which games?

The mega stars are great to have but also come with huge baggage and at 34 , despite still GOAT status, that baggage could cause a lot of problems.

You think we will only sign 1 more player even after pep said 2-3 players want out?
Can't see us keeping any unhappy players.
Like pep said though... will depend on what offers we get
I do unless Juve pay the money I only see Bernardo going

Laporte won't be allowed to leave espeacialy Barca being skint

Real only have eyes for Mbappa

As per Marcelo , Messi wants to wait for a "mourning period". No other clubs have made offers except PSG. Screenshot_2021-08-07-08-47-35-458_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

As per Marcelo , Messi wants to wait for a "mourning period". No other clubs have made offers except PSG. View attachment 23127
Tell you what the more this shit appears the more I'm glad we steered well clear.

Don't get me wrong Messi in our shirt would have been fantastic but period of mourning? Do me a favour!

I'd expect him to ask for fluffy towels, a poodle, 20 Bensons and a helicopter as he's coming across all me me me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.