Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to give it to Marca for breaking the lunch meeting news. Even those closest to Barca denied it until it eventually broke.

Forget the Messi to PSG bit we know that, but WTF are Agnelli, Laporta, and Perez doing in Qatar.... Super League plans perhaps? Shady deals?

As he’s out of contract, he has to be registered. Barca can’t register any new players until they slash 200m from their wage bill (after taking Messi’s wages into account)

They can. But they have to find 3 times as much in revenue or savings.

3 times 0 is 0. If he played for free, he wouldn't affect their wages, their cap or anything. How I understand it anyway.

Worth 400 million and crying cos he has to move to a New club for a few seasons and earn another 50 million

boo fucking hoo

I mean, is he not allowed to show emotion at leaving a club since he was what 14/15?

Just because he's wealthy doesn't make him incapable of feeling human emotions ffs.... People are so dense at times.

Hope he doesn’t end up at PSG, playing in the French league isn’t exactly challenging yourself
Well we'll see what his intentions are.
Come to city and challenge for everything on a decent wage.
Go to Paris and semi retire in a tin pot League for an obscene amount of money.

If he has the legs and desire he'll come to us.
If he's money orientated, which sadly he is, he's off to PSG.

And Messi played his part in that. Regular wage increases and demands over who to sign. What people forget is that every time he got an increase, many other players demanded and got one. That's what happened at United in 2010 when Rooney supposedly threatened to leave.

I was told that was a put-up job, probably with the connivance of Gill & Ferguson, to get the Glazers to increase the low wage ceiling they had at the time. So Rooney doubled his basic but there were about 5 other players who had the contractual right to get the same basic. And even if you were on £40k, £50k or £60k a week, instead of the £90k a week the top earners were getting, you got double. That's when their wage bill starting shooting up and that's what will have happened to Barca as well.

Messi can cry all he likes but he should shoulder some of the blame.
Wouldn't you demand an increase in wages according to your performances? He carried them for 15 years and is their best player ever. He greatly contributed to the money they racked up during his time there. If the club felt at some point that he was demanding too much, then they should've said no and sold him.

I'm seriously baffled at this faux outrage. People are just desperate to shoot him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.