Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance he was ever coming here if he’s crying like a big baby and saying he never thought he’d have to leave.

It seems like something very easy to say from the side but think about it, why would he do it? He can earn about 100 million euros in two years in PSG. He goes to a much much much better team than Barcelona, with superstars like Neymar, Mbappe. He can win 2 more Champions League titles, win League titles and local cups and , live in a very attractive city like Paris, why would he play for free?
Why would anyone work for free? (Messi dint have that option but still). Just because I worked at the same company for 20 years shouldn't mean I work for nowt. This is ignoring the fact that the others in the factory will still get paid and the star employee works for free.

He couldn't have in any case. They're over 115% over the salary cap and need to get down to 70%. Even if Messi played for free, it would have only put it down to 95%. There are serious doubts that they can even register their new players.
So why not wait to see how things play out at Barca? Let's say they get to the 70% via player sales, they would presumably be able to register a player who is on a nominal/nil salary. I guess there is no reason Messi couldn't continue to train there to keep his fitness levels up. And if it doesn't work out, he then signs his PSG contract.

It seems like something very easy to say from the side but think about it, why would he do it? He can earn about 100 million euros in two years in PSG. He goes to a much much much better team than Barcelona, with superstars like Neymar, Mbappe. He can win 2 more Champions League titles, win League titles and local cups and , live in a very attractive city like Paris, why would he play for free?
Paris is far from attractive unless you are a seagull or a rat.

Litter/rubbish is everywhere.

As for playing for free, repayment/love/guilt his 1m a week wages have put the club in this position after all.

So why not wait to see how things play out at Barca? Let's say they get to the 70% via player sales, they would presumably be able to register a player who is on a nominal/nil salary. I guess there is no reason Messi couldn't continue to train there to keep his fitness levels up. And if it doesn't work out, he then signs his PSG contract.
Why should Messi pay for the Barca boards mismanagement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.