Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I've worked for twenty years at one company and was made redundant. Worked at a few other places and was made redundant with less than two years service and received not a penny. I signed on the dole. I gota minimum wage job. I had to move away from my family to find work.

I never cried.
Just because you’re a double hard bastard doesn’t mean other people are the same.

Agreed. I've worked for twenty years at one company and was made redundant. Worked at a few other places and was made redundant with less than two years service and received not a penny. I signed on the dole. I gota minimum wage job. I had to move away from my family to find work.

I never cried.
Totally different kind of work though you didn’t have 100000 people screaming your name on a Saturday afternoon after making a cabinet or whatever it is you did

I never cried.
Good for you, mate.

"It is inconceivable that the 'Financial Fair Play' serves to aggravate the drifts of football-business, the instrumentalization of football by sovereign powers, and the distortion of competitions."
By the sounds of this bit, i bet they would have filed this complaint if he was coming to us too!

If I was Messi, I'd be thinking I have enough money in the bank that I can look after all my family, friends and their friends many times over.

I'd be thinking I have maybe 2 more years in me to make my mark. He must be thinking about his footballing legacy. He must surely be thinking that he wants to be remembered as a better footballer than his contemporary Ronaldo? He must be thinking he has only a few years left to make his claim to be the best footballer of all time?

Messi has played for one of the greatest (maybe the greatest) clubs sides of all time for 15 years. He's never left Spain and not really done much for Argentina. He's leaving to get more money playing for PSG in a poor league. I think it reveals a lot about his character and ambition. He's a multi, multi, multi millionaire who cares about money rather than legacy.

I've lost quite a bit of respect for him to be honest and the more I think about it, the way he has conducted himself the last couple of years he's come across as a money-grabber. He should also be thinking that as he's only ever played in Spain, he could be risking his reputation playing in a garbage league.

Controversial, but Ronaldo has proven himself in England, Spain and Italy - the 3 hardest leagues in the world. He's also proven himself for Portugal. Messi has played for the best club side in Spain and done little for Argentina and has chosen to end his career in a league that is poor. He can't complain if people think Ronaldo is a better player.

I really did want him last year, but - as per usual - the top brass at City have made the correct decision. I'm sure Messi will love hearing from Neymar how the French defenders kick lumps out him in every game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.