Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is Parisian

sure he stated last year they would be in for him but Messi wanted City and Pep
Yeah. It is Messi and it is definitely their kind of fetish. Last year, i wasn't seeing a deal working out due to our poor financial state.

Covid and FFP being relaxed allowed investment this summer.

Qatar saying were always that since they can't get the real Messi, they wanted the new Messi. They felt they achieved that in 2017 but now that the real deal is available, they would always try.

The French clubs have done better than the Italian sides in Europe in recent years. Look at how many players in the Premier league have come from France and look at what's come from Italy. Theres not much difference in the two leagues.
That doesn't necessarily mean anything. Italians generally don't care to leave Italy. They can play football and make a good living in Serie A.

It is exactly the same as many Germans don't wish to leave Germany or the Bundesliga. They are close to home and play football for great wages.

Both these nationalities are front and center to make their national teams in their home countries, near there families and are comfortable playing a "relatively " high level of football for good money.

Comparing the nationalities coming to England to play doesn't explain the whole situation.

I wonder if Qatar will reduce their funding of PSG when the 2022 World Cup is over.
A possibility but you have to take into account that the contracts they have been signing are running long after the WC. Neymar 2025, Hakimi 2026, Donnarumma 2026, if Mbappé signs too.

There is also the brand new academy center being built for 300 millions.

Now that the club has finally gained a good commercial income that would be a bad timing.

So because they can’t afford him, Barca want to end his career?
They are quite petty.

The last time when we bought Neymar, it was Tebas who was refusing to take the cheque to pay the clause. After that, he waited the very last moment to deliver the transfer papers to french league. Thus, Neymar wasn't able to play 2 or 3 games after his transfer.

They are quite petty.

The last time when we bought Neymar, it was Tebas who was refusing to take the cheque to pay the clause. After that, he waited the very last moment to deliver the transfer papers to french league. Thus, Neymar wasn't able to play 2 or 3 games after his transfer.
You missed a real opportunity not paying that release clause in 1 cent coins...

The Villa forum was in meltdown over JG,,imagine the Barca forum !!!

I dont know what to make of him really. Always seemed in some scrape with Barca about money,contracts, getting managers sacked.GOAT..possibly..Ronaldo succeeded in more leagues and internationally,tough call.Not sure at this stage in his career he would have fitted into our team given his playing style and age. Another potential Rodney Marsh situation avoided.

Any way good luck to PSG keeping all those egos in check, and is Poch the man to do it??
I can say that almost no fan of PSG like Pochettino as a coach.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything. Italians generally don't care to leave Italy. They can play football and make a good living in Serie A.

It is exactly the same as many Germans don't wish to leave Germany or the Bundesliga. They are close to home and play football for great wages.

Both these nationalities are front and center to make their national teams in their home countries, near there families and are comfortable playing a "relatively " high level of football for good money.

Comparing the nationalities coming to England to play doesn't explain the whole situation.
I wasn't comparing the nationalities, I was comparing the quality of player coming in from each league regardless of their nationality. It wasn't my only point and wasn't offering anything definitive, simply an example to counter the point made about the Italian league being seen as a test whereas the French league is deemed a farmers league. There's very little difference in quality between the two leagues.

It is complete corrupt bollocks that PSG can pay the fees they did for Neymar and Mbappe, pay them the wages they pay them and now pay Messi that huge some of wages in a tinpot league with literally no TV revenue money!?! Only one man to thank it seems………. How is the corruption charges against this man going on? Swept under the UEFA carpet it seems!
Neymar having renewed his contract has significantly reduced his transfer fee amortization. PSG save up to 35 millions a year.

Reason why renewing Mbappé even with an improved salary was the number 1 task. So far, it is a failure.

Glad we’re staying far away.

pisses me off that we get lumped in with PSG, when we bend over backwards trying to follow the rules and they do whatever they want whenever they want.
You must have missed our windows post summer 2017.

It is finally the first window we can really invest and it makes a world of difference with the business we have been doing these last 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.