Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it. Wouldn't take a genius to turn round to espn and explain that there contract is with La Liga not Messi.
Of course the contract is with La Liga but the biggest draw is Messi. I doubt the next contract will be anywhere close to the current one.

I really want to see in the next 10 years how Messi introspecs his last 6-7 playing years.
Because to me its pure cowardice and unwilling to move from a place of security because it would a little inconvenient.

A club in shambles, an old and overrated squad and humiliating defeats in Champions league year on year. Even we perform better than them in CL!
Still was not able to make a move few years. Did not make the move last year and even right now when Barca/Messi have tried every kind of financial maneuvering and fail, they bring up this Telenova kind of a soap opera performance with fake tears.

The guy really doesn't wanna move his ass. So much for the greatest of all time.

Of course the contract is with La Liga but the biggest draw is Messi. I doubt the next contract will be anywhere close to the current one.
They would have a clause inserted into the contract in relation to Messi playing in La Liga if it was pivotal to the agreement. Especially with Barca's financial precariousness and Messi being out of contract.

They would have a clause inserted into the contract in relation to Messi playing in La Liga if it was pivotal to the agreement. Especially with Barca's financial precariousness and Messi being out of contract.
Can't see that myself. Financial institutions are generally risk averse and must know that La Liga is in crisis; no player, no matter who, changes that, as the repayment period must be quite lengthy and extend beyond the end of his career.

The best piece of itk info I got was from someone working with Messi on a tv ad a few years ago, and Messi was openly fuming about Barca about that tax case. absolutely scathing about them for several days was what I was told, from someone who was technically his boss that day and not a football fan.

He knows how to play the piano and get a song out of the club and it’s fans.
So Utd it is then.

Messi's jet is definitely enroute to Argentina, been in the air for seven and a half hours, approaching the Brazilian coast.

Must be picking his dad up. This is what happened last year, we followed his plane to Argentina then followed it back thinking he'd fly into Manchester but he dropped into Barcelona instead.

We can at least cancel the eiffel tower and maybe the medical appointment he was having yesterday/today/tomorrow.

What a fucking soap opera this is.

No offence taken whatsoever mate :)

I could be completely wrong, but when economists suggest Messi sells 2m shirts (exactly how many Barca sell), I call bullshit. So if they bullshit about that, what else are they bullshitting about?

I want cold hard figures which aren’t bullshit. Suppose we’ll know when Barca’s next accounts are out. If they drop by the £200m+ Messi supposedly brings in, I’ll eat a shit load of humble pie & admit I was completely wrong. If not, I’ll know I was correct & its bullshit

I totally understand my view is in the tiny minority as it seems to be a ‘fact’ that he brings in that much, but using my old solar powered calculator from 1992, I just can’t get it to add up :)
My opinion is that it's not too far off the figure. Considering he is a global sensation and so are Barcelona.
He has 245,000,000 followers on Instagram, so 2,000,000 shirt sales is a fraction of that amount.
So lets say hypothetically speaking a shirt costs £50, I have no idea how much they cost these days. £50 x 2,000,000 = £100,000,000.00.
Now when you think Argentina has a population alone of 44,940,000 people again 2,000,000 is a fraction of that. How many kids who idolise Messi would buy a Barcelona Messi shirt?
I could go on and on to be fair 1,920,000 people live in Barcelona.
How many kids do you see just out and about in the UK alone with Messi shirts on?
Barcelona tourism, I haven't even touched upon that. Figures suggest 32,000,000 people visit Barcelona each year. Now I wouldn't like to put a percentage on it but even if you put say 25% (8,000,000) of people that visit each year come visit the stadium, go for a tour, buy some merchandise, go to the match. Out of the 25% (8,000,000 people) say another 20% of that 25% (1,600,000 people) buy Messi shirts that's a further £50 x 1,600,000 = £80,000,000.00.
A lot, a lot, a lot of money generated, and that tourism has just been wiped out this last 18 months.

My opinion is that it's not too far off the figure. Considering he is a global sensation and so are Barcelona.
He has 245,000,000 followers on Instagram, so 2,000,000 shirt sales is a fraction of that amount.
So lets say hypothetically speaking a shirt costs £50, I have no idea how much they cost these days. £50 x 2,000,000 = £100,000,000.00.
Now when you think Argentina has a population alone of 44,940,000 people again 2,000,000 is a fraction of that. How many kids who idolise Messi would buy a Barcelona Messi shirt?
How many kids do you see just out and about in the UK alone with Messi shirts on?
Barcelona tourism, I haven't even touched upon that. Figures suggest 32,000,000 people visit Barcelona each year. Now I wouldn't like to put a percentage on it but even if you put say 25% (8,000,000) of people that visit each year come visit the stadium, go for a tour, buy some merchandise, go to the match. Out of the 25% (8,000,000 people) say another 20% of that 25% (1,600,000 people) buy Messi shirts that's a further £50 x 1,600,000 = £80,000,000.00.
A lot, a lot, a lot of money generated, and that tourism has just been wiped out this last 18 months.
Most of those shirts are fake and sold off in street markets or lucky lucky men to tourists all over Spain ; )

You’re going off completely fabricated figures tho pal. He doesn’t sell 2m shirts. It’s bullshit

Barca only sell 2m shirts

If it’s not bullshit, surely with Messi leaving Barca, they lose his 2m shirts no?

That means Barca will sell no shirts this year if you’re correct

2018/19 shirt sales
CharacteristicNumber of shirts sold
Manchester United3,250,000
Real Madrid3,120,000
Bayern Munich2,575,000
Barcelona1,925,000
Liverpool1,670,000
Juventus1,615,000
Chelsea1,525,000
Borussia Dortmund1,205,000
Paris St Germain (PSG)1,146,000
Manchester City1,085,000

The rest of your figures are made up nonsense full of conjecture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.