Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what has Bielsa proven as a club manager? He's managed two countries and is now doing a decent job with Bilbao, but not exactly amazing as they are 6th in La Liga and have a better team than Levante and Malaga who are in front of them. Now if he gets them into the Champions League he deserves real credit.

Their performances against United were exceptional but they put everything into those games and lost their league game after the first leg and their next two league games after the second leg.

Plus he doesn't speak a word of English apparently.

LoveCity said:
But what has Bielsa proven as a club manager? He's managed two countries and is now doing a decent job with Bilbao, but not exactly amazing as they are 6th in La Liga and have a better team than Levante and Malaga who are in front of them. Now if he gets them into the Champions League he deserves real credit.

Their performances against United were exceptional but they put everything into those games and lost their league game after the first leg and their next two league games after the second leg.

He beat United so that started a media frenzy. People just jumped on the bandwagon just like 'Arry . The media have found their new person to be crazy about.

itisrising said:
LoveCity said:

He beat United so that started a media frenzy. People just jumped on the bandwagon just like 'Arry . The media have found their new person to be crazy about.

In the last 5 years he has steadily outperformed expectations. Whether that be for club or country. I'm not condoning him as A God among men. But he is not some sort of flare up as the "2010" jibe suggests. This was and is my main point.

alky313 said:
itisrising said:
LoveCity said:

In the last 5 years he has steadily outperformed expectations. Whether that be for club or country. I'm not condoning him as A God among men. But he is not some sort of flare up as the "2010" jibe suggests. This was and is my main point.

I understand your point but what I was getting at is how the media have a new 'flavor of the month'. There are a number of managers that have outperformed expectations such as Pardew and even Harry Redknapp. He is a good manager but I don't give into the hype.

Mancini won 3 scudettos and 2 Italian cups with an Inter Team thar was full of football stars ...
Bielsa won 3 Argentinian Tournaments with Newells (a small team in Argentina), reached the final of Libertadores Cup and was defeated by one of the best Latinoamerican Team in History ... Sao Pablo of Tele Santana, Rai, Cafu ...
Then he won another Argentinian Tournament with Velez (another small team)
In Argentinian Selection he won the eliminatories but had bad luck in the World Cup.
After that he won the Olympic Gold Medal (with Tevez in the team) ...
In Chilean Selection he reached the World Cup after a lot of year and give the team an offensive idea of play. In Chile he is loved.
Then took the direction of Athletic of Bilbao and in one year put a "little Known" team in every journal cover.
He is admired by a lot of managers ... Guardiola is one of them ...
And every Argentinian players that have Bielsa as manager said that he is the best manager he ever had ...
He is not a Periodism Product, he is a football passionate ... he breath football ...
His philosofy is attack with 10 player and defend with 10 ... Total Football

JOVILU said:
Mancini won 3 scudettos and 2 Italian cups with an Inter Team thar was full of football stars ...
Bielsa won 3 Argentinian Tournaments with Newells (a small team in Argentina), reached the final of Libertadores Cup and was defeated by one of the best Latinoamerican Team in History ... Sao Pablo of Tele Santana, Rai, Cafu ...
In Argentinian Selection he won the eliminatories but had bad luck in the World Cup.
In Chilean Selection he reached the World Cup after a lot of year and give the team an offensive idea of play. In Chile he is loved.
Then took the direction of Athletic of Bilbao and in one year put a "little Known" team in every journal cover.
And every Argentinian players that have Bielsa as manager said that he is the best manager he ever had ...
He is not a Periodism Product, he is a football passionate ... he breath football ...

that show that mancini is good at manage football stars. a thing unfortunally bielsa has shown hasnt good enough when he failed with Argentina in germany.

I feel like I've stepped into a comedy sketch in this thread.

For the record, the idiot who says that Mancini is a defensive coach needs to maybe watch our team play

JOVILU said:

In FIFA World Cup 2002, with Bielsa, Argentina was eliminated at the first Round.
It was the worst result of Argentina National Team in a World Cup since 1962.
Don't call it simply: "bad luck"

Don't be so biased.

RandomJ said:
Might not be as daft as it sounds. Barca have had a poor season by their standards, the manager will be on his way, he's won everything there is to win with that club why not challenge himsel......ah who am I kidding.

Could be a chance if guardiola leaves which apparently there is a chance,
According graham hunter.
Messi up front !!!

Barcelona have got some serious depts; just like most big clubs nowadays. If Guardiola left who I have heard has a strong relationship with Messi and whom built the whole team around him then it's a slight maybe!

If we offered Barcelona 100m say for example, do you think they will turn that down with their depts? They will at least consider it! Just like we have learnt with Arsenal in the past; the people up above are business men!

Sergio, Carlos and Pablo will have to some serious convincing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.