Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luca Modric is 37 and playing better than he ever has, and could still play a further 3 yrs at the top. Messi is similar, so I wouldn't write him off just yet.
They have great football brains, and don't need to run around like headless chickens to see a great pass
We have dropped standards this season because several of our players are no longer able to press for 90 minutes and for 3 games a week, the last thing we need is another.

We have dropped standards this season because several of our players are no longer able to press for 90 minutes and for 3 games a week, the last thing we need is another.
I understand that,but having him would be a luxury we can afford. Lampard couldn't press, but he did a decent enough job in the time he was here.

It's all speculation at the moment, but if Pep wants him, I'm sure he'll find a way of fitting him into a system

I understand that,but having him would be a luxury we can afford. Lampard couldn't press, but he did a decent enough job in the time he was here.

It's all speculation at the moment, but if Pep wants him, I'm sure he'll find a way of fitting him into a system
We can't afford ANY passengers and the little fella is way past his best.

Personally I think he will be USA bound and the recent public talk of Miami wanting him is a clue where he will be playing next.

Would still absolutely have him on an individual level

The issue is the fact that his work rate is dimminished and he would need to have a team of runners and workers around him and our midfield at present doesnt have anywhere near the legs to have Messi in the team - it would need an overhaul - but it needs that anyway

The issue is the fact that his work rate is dimminished and he would need to have a team of runners and workers around him and our midfield at present doesnt have anywhere near the legs to have Messi in the team - it would need an overhaul - but it needs that anyway
would prob need a gundo/silva etc and a double pivot of work/horses and ball winners. Rice/Lavia/Phillips/Rodri, couple of up and down FB's wouldnt go a miss either, let them sit deep and flood the width etc. (depending if you play him as a #10 or off the RW)

His work rate hasn't really diminished though. Even in his time under Guardiola at Barca he walked around when Barca didn't have the ball or had it in a different area of the pitch and Guardiola himself has said he told him to save his energy for attacking. The issue for me is that he's slowed down physically.

Sorry to say but there's no way now he's absolutely secured his legacy. Having won the world cup, and now knowing he's definitely exceeded Cristiano Ronaldo's Ballon D'Or count, other priorities will far outweigh coming to England.

We can't afford ANY passengers and the little fella is way past his best.

Personally I think he will be USA bound and the recent public talk of Miami wanting him is a clue where he will be playing next.

Messi way past his best is better and more productive than most of our attack. He also just produced the greatest individual performance across a World Cup since Maradona in 86.

I do think though the only way he could work for us is if he had several younger players around him in midfield. For example, we’d be screwed against better sides if we played Mahrez, De Bruyne, Gundogan and Messi in the same team due to the lack of legs.

Messi surrounded by Foden, Bellingham, De Jong would be great for a final season hurrah though…

(Not happening!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.