Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol mate quit banging on about how signing 1 player will ruin the academy, it's only one player he will be holding back and that player is more then likely not and never be be of the level of messi. I am a massive fan of the academy but if we can get 3-4 first team regulars from our current academy crop we will be doing well. It's a reasonable assumption that having one of if not the most marketable player on the planet will raise sponsorship and sponsorship opportunitys. And as for the age of the squad we have Jesus, sane and sterling think the average age of our attackers is one of the youngest around. Finally I like most people think having a better squad is more important then having a younger squad.

3-4 1st team regulars? That's a poor considering what is being invested into the Academy.

Yeah a better squad will be greater, but paying over the odd's for 1 player when that could be spent on younger talent is not.

3-4 1st team regulars? That's a poor considering what is being invested into the Academy.

Yeah a better squad will be greater, but paying over the odd's for 1 player when that could be spent on younger talent is not.
Unfortunately it's the reality of the modern game, the investment in the academy is exactly that. Develop players, loan them and sell if not at the required level. Very few academy players make more then a handful of appearances for their club and even fewer spend most of the careers there. How many clubs have more then 6 academy players playing regularly in there teams across the major European leagues.
Signing a younger player instead of messi will hurt the academy more as it will hold that 1 player up longer and he won't have an opportunity to learn for the gifted player in the world. And the squad won't be as good as messi is head and shoulders above 99.9999% of player out there. And as for younger players you are paying for potential which most never reach look at Walcott, aoc and Shaw for example.

I am of the belief that the Academy is not designed to only producing professional footballers for our beloved club.

Surely City make money selling academy players to other clubs.

Not to mention all the benefits it offers local younsters who attend from an early age.

Wow! If we could get Mr Messi that would be superb... he would futher enhance the overall project...

It's a marathon not a sprint...

JJ

And your quite ok with that? Are you not the same person on social media who preaches about our academy?

Who are these 3 new sponsors lined up? Surely you can name them fella?? And proof on both Nike/Etihad increasing their sponsorship deals?
I don't need to prove anything to you fella but I was told all this just after we'd lost to Wigan in the FA Cup Final by a foreign journalist I know and have had it confirmed by someone with top-level contacts in Abu Dhabi. I never preach about the Academy on social media so you've got the wrong person there. It'd be nice if a few came through of course but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Your just a clown, happy to slap down others when they air a different view, still need to swear to get your point across (losing battle when you do that). You sound like a petty child because someone has an alternative view to yours.
LOL. You were saying?

Unfortunately it's the reality of the modern game, the investment in the academy is exactly that. Develop players, loan them and sell if not at the required level. Very few academy players make more then a handful of appearances for their club and even fewer spend most of the careers there. How many clubs have more then 6 academy players playing regularly in there teams across the major European leagues.
Signing a younger player instead of messi will hurt the academy more as it will hold that 1 player up longer and he won't have an opportunity to learn for the gifted player in the world. And the squad won't be as good as messi is head and shoulders above 99.9999% of player out there. And as for younger players you are paying for potential which most never reach look at Walcott, aoc and Shaw for example.

Yeah that's true, I agree with that.

Would be nice to see a team with majority of our own academy players, but can't see that changing any time soon.

Your just a clown, happy to slap down others when they air a different view, still need to swear to get your point across (losing battle when you do that)

*you're

My views are stupid?

Yep.

You sound like a petty child because someone has an alternative view to yours,

Pot, kettle, black.

hate to of seen your meltdowns over Brexit.

lol ok now you're just being ridiculous.

IF Messi comes to City (he won't) I will hardly have a meltdown over it. Clown.

Dunno mate, you sound a little upset even just discussing it right now.

I am continually going around and around in circles.

Kind of like a dog chasing it's tail.

If your happy for someone to come in and stop an academy prospect good for you, just don't preach about how good the academy is when trying to score one against someone else.

I mean, this is a strawman and everything, but there's nothing contradictory about supporting our academy and wanting to get the best players in too.

IF I want to capitalize my wording, I can do what I want, your not the forum police.

We call them moderators here and if you bothered to click the "Forum Rules" button at the bottom of your screen, you'd know typing in all caps isn't permitted.

5 mates? Give over clown features, I would happily screenshot various social media outlets agreeing with what I am trying to say, but you will still say we are all IDIOTS because we have a different opinion to you.

So four mates then? I don't mind people thinking bringing in Lionel Messi is a bad idea. You aren't stupid for thinking that. Note others have said the same, such as karen7.

Justifying it with suggesting Messi is a mercenary and/or we can't buy in players because of our academy is idiotic though.

OOOO Pep likes Messi, would you like a medal about that? Do some internet searches and unfortunately alot say Ronaldo is BETTER than Messi (sorry to burst your bubble)

Nobody gives two shits what MadridstaCR7 thinks on the Real Madrid Forums. It's irrelevant.

What Pep Guardiola thinks is totally relevant as he's the manager of Manchester City and the one signing the players.

You really think IF Messi was to join City it wasn't for the money?? You think he wants to wear the blue shirt, despite probably not knowing who the heck we are pre-2008? If you believe that then again you are a clown.

Like I said, it doesn't matter. Every player comes for the money, if it's not there and they can get it elsewhere then they move on.

I noticed the question I asked about you being a blue only recently hasn't been answered. Your silence on that is golden.

It's a bullshit argument. That you keep trying to insinuate it is laughable and only highlights your lack of credibility in this discussion.

Last edited:
I don't need to prove anything to you fella but I was told all this just after we'd lost to Wigan in the FA Cup Final by a foreign journalist I know and have had it confirmed by someone with top-level contacts in Abu Dhabi. I never preach about the Academy on social media so you've got the wrong person there. It'd be nice if a few came through of course but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

LOL. You were saying?

Lol that old chestnut, you were told 3 years ago? If so (not denying your credibility over this) then why hasn't this happened already?

And I am pretty sure your pal doesn't need any back up. But it is true, thanks for quoting me.

Lol that old chestnut, you were told 3 years ago? If so (not denying your credibility over this) then why hasn't this happened already?

And I am pretty sure your pal doesn't need any back up. But it is true, thanks for quoting me.

It's been an open secret for years now that we had our finances lined up for Messi should he opt to leave Barca.

Players at that level decide when they move, so you dont pester Barca with transfer bids etc. The money doesn't come into it until you need to move.

All signs point to Barca wanting to cash in on him this year, and this is in part to the pressure we applied last year with Neymar and Suarez, causing Barca to give them much bigger deals to keep them sweet. They've spent themselves into a corner and only selling Messi will rectify this now.

You are quite clearly denying my credibility but it hasn't happened for the simple reason that Messi needs to make it happen. We can't force him.

I notice in a post a few days ago that you said you've never been to Wembley, despite the fact we've been there 9 times in the past 6 seasons. Are you absolutely sure you're a blue as I'm certainly doubting your credibility.

*you're

Yep.

Pot, kettle, black.

lol ok now you're just being ridiculous.

Dunno mate, you sound a little upset even just discussing it right now.

Kind of like a dog chasing it's tail.

I mean, this is a strawman and everything, but there's nothing contradictory about supporting our academy and wanting to get the best players in too.

We call them moderators here and if you bothered to click the "Forum Rules" button at the bottom of your screen, you'd know typing in all caps isn't permitted.

So four mates then? I don't mind people thinking bringing in Lionel Messi is a bad idea. You aren't stupid for thinking that. Note others have said the same, such as karen7.

Justifying it with suggesting Messi is a mercenary and/or we can't buy in players because of our academy is idiotic though.

Nobody gives two shits what MadridstaCR7 thinks on the Real Madrid Forums. It's irrelevant.

What Pep Guardiola thinks is totally relevant as he's the manager of Manchester City and the one signing the players.

Like I said, it doesn't matter. Every player comes for the money, if it's not there and they can get it elsewhere then they move on.

It's a bullshit argument. That you keep trying to insinuate it is laughable and only highlights your lack of credibility in this discussion.

Thank you Akiva,

Again you haven't answered a question which you could of done straight away.

I take it you are also the spelling police as well, great news. I bet your the type that grasses people up to the police as well.

Pot kettle back? You are aware I haven't moaned over anyone else's views on why they want to sign Messi? It is just you trying to play clever dick with me.

Ridiculous? I very much doubt it. I bet you did.

Meltdown/crying over Messi? Nope, arguing with a keyboard warrior?? Yes I am. (that's you btw)

Childish comments again, playground stuff clown features. Yes or NO Messi would IF he came to city be coming just for the money. Simple answer please petal.

Real Madrid forums? Sounds like you've been going on there you sad man. Just have a look around, ask people Ronaldo or Messi. Simples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.