Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
surely your argument contradicts its self there mate? isn't that why nike would `pay towards the deal` as they would into get it back and then some??

Yeah I guess, maybe I didn't word that right. When United signed Pogba all the rags were rubbing their hands together and when he wasn't showing any form they used the argument to those slating them for his price; "he paid for himself in shirt sales". That's only true in the eyes of Adidas. United used more than what Adidas gave them to sign him. I'm pretty sure United parted with more than the £89m that was quoted too, probably more about £120m when you take on the signing on fee and Mino's £20m too. Adidas are the ones that are happy with that signing, not United in terms of finance. I'd prefer if we weren't lining the pockets of Nike considering they've not done anything for us, our kits have been pretty bad and they've not given us a good deal, why should we do them any favours?

We'll be lucky to get about £50m from Nike which is great for us if we're not intending on signing a £100m player in summer. The point I'm trying to get across is Messi won't pay for himself, we may get some help from a new kit deal but we'll hopefully be getting that anyway without signing him. Why spend a huge chunk of our transfer budget on an area of the squad which has talent in abundance when we should be spending it on our weaker areas?

Yeah I guess, maybe I didn't word that right. When United signed Pogba all the rags were rubbing their hands together and when he wasn't showing any form they used the argument to those slating them for his price; "he paid for himself in shirt sales". That's only true in the eyes of Adidas. United used more than what Adidas gave them to sign him. I'm pretty sure United parted with more than the £89m that was quoted too, probably more about £120m when you take on the signing on fee and Mino's £20m too. Adidas are the ones that are happy with that signing, not United in terms of finance. I'd prefer if we weren't lining the pockets of Nike considering they've not done anything for us, our kits have been pretty bad and they've not given us a good deal, why should we do them any favours?

We'll be lucky to get about £50m from Nike which is great for us if we're not intending on signing a £100m player in summer. The point I'm trying to get across is Messi won't pay for himself, we may get some help from a new kit deal but we'll hopefully be getting that anyway without signing himWhy spend a huge chunk of our transfer budget on an area of the squad which has talent in abundance when we should be spending it on our weaker areas?.
Messi is one of those kinda players who's effects are felt across the whole squad.

And while we are talented upfront we are not abundantly so" and even if we had been, the ability to add the best player in the world to that mix can simply not be nosed-up at.

Its the best player in the world we speak of here. Its like getting Silva, Hazard, and Sanchez all rolled up into 1 player. You really can't say no.

Bottom line we need fullbacks. Every other position is generally okay. If Messi becomes available, you can add 2 fullbacks and we'll be golden.

So we need not act like we have .anor incoming needed. Frankly I could make fantastic fullbacks out of Dihno, Maffeo, Angelino and Zichenko if push came to shove and simply buy Messi and no one else. And ill be willing to bet we still win the league by 10 points minimum.

Like someone already pointed out, I too don't like the optics. I'd rather try to Create the "New City" with new stars, than create "Brava Mark2" with its 2 main protagonists Pep and Messi reappearing here. But that's just optics.

Performance wise, think we will win a douvle with him in his 1st season even if we signed no one else.

Are there people on here really saying they don't want us to sign Messi? Incredible. If it transpired that united were going to sign him, I would shit my pants. That's enough for me to know that if we can do the deal, we should. Would change everything for us instantly in terms of our profile and on the pitch, what I would give to see him in a blue shirt running at chris smalling with Sane and Sterling either side of him and Jesus in front of him. Christ, we could put Bravo back in nets and we'd still win the title.

As a few have mentioned on here, it's a no brainer. If Lionel Messi is available and wants to come here...we sign him. Whatever the cost. The end. Close thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.