Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is what would be his basic wage if you take away all his commercial earnings? Even though half that figure would be more paltable but it still would be pushing it given our current wage bill and structure.
If it's €400k a week, that's €20m a year. We'd cover that easily. I believe that in 2013, we quietly tested the market when we were putting the numbers together and had 5 big deals lined up, 3 of which were completely new sponsors. Every existing contract we renegotiate if we have Messi is doubled, trebled or more.

If it's €400k a week, that's €20m a year. We'd cover that easily. I believe that in 2013, we quietly tested the market when we were putting the numbers together and had 5 big deals lined up, 3 of which were completely new sponsors. Every existing contract we renegotiate if we have Messi is doubled, trebled or more.

It does sound plausible but highly unlikely. I think the ship has sailed with us signing Messi. Whoever signs him would have a ticking timebomb on their hands.

Last edited:
He wont though,he is and always has been comfy in his one team with 70 m a year and lots of power
That’s not true, under Pep and after him Vilanova and Enrique he was very much a team player. I ‘d say that’s what set him apart from Ronaldo and whats making him disillusioned now Is lack of team and framework and being depended on to pull the team through. If in the highly unlikely event he did come to us I think he’d be very happy to work as part of a team structure and not be the team.

See thats the problem, when Barca lose, embarrassing like last night Messi gets the finger yet 500 hoals fuck knows how many hatricks & assists yet hes the 1 people point the finger at

He still has lots to offer & Messi on a free is priceless to any top team for at least 2 years

No transfer no agent fees all built into his 24m wages a year so let's call it 50m deal with an option 9f 1 more year thats fuckall compared to buying some worlds for 100m then paying him 300.000 a week 13m a tear over 5 years thats a big difference

Problem I see is what will it give us with no fans being around??? Then do we upset the KDB, Sterlings of this world??

For me its at least 3 years to late but anything is possible, His money could be funded by the Silver Lake, Chinese ownership or even PUMA he wont care where it comes from

He is still a top top player in a team like City he would be class, used & left out in games where possible

Imagine Tommy Doyle, Phil Foden training with him WOW!!!!

Imo it won't happen but imagine if he walks out with City kit on 2021???

Messi breaks teams down. Give him the ball enough, he makes things happen. If his team plays like complete shite and can't keep the ball, he'll not look as good. Not rocket science. Questioning an attacker when a team lets in 8 goals is pretty ridiculous. People even mentioning the game against Liverpool last year where Barca fell apart, while completely forgetting the first leg where he absolutely bossed them.

Build a functioning team around him and he'll be unbelievable, it's not even a debate. He's the best goal scorer in the world and the best creative player in the world, I'd fucking love him here. Sterling would bag 60 a year with him and Kev finding him

He will be coward to leave under these circumstances, he should stick there to win again then leave with his head high.

Messi legacy at Barca shouldn't end like this.

He will be coward to leave under these circumstances, he should stick there to win again then leave with his head high.

Messi legacy at Barca shouldn't end like this.
Not our problem though what he does, only question is if he leaves should we try and get him. Short answer yes.

Reactions: kun
That’s not true, under Pep and after him Vilanova and Enrique he was very much a team player. I ‘d say that’s what set him apart from Ronaldo and whats making him disillusioned now Is lack of team and framework and being depended on to pull the team through. If in the highly unlikely event he did come to us I think he’d be very happy to work as part of a team structure and not be the team.
Long time ago,at his age I don't think he would suddenly be happy to not be the main man

I don't be!ieve anybody should stay in one job at one place your whole career

bear with me,there are some similarities

Stayed too long as a nurse,it was all I knew,it was too scary to leave,one day we went in the storeroom to find white labels on everything,with how much they cost,right down to individual plasters,politics had arrived on the ward

You shouldn't stay just because you are comfy and get paid a fortune if you are no longer happy with the situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.